Fiddler's Fair

Doc

Just got back from the Fiddler's fair over in Springwater. First time ever attending that event.That was quite a day. They had a mixture of some very talented musicians with every kind of back-woods stringed instrument you could imagine and then some. Unfortunately the gal in one of the groups (a duet) did sound like an American Idol reject, but their set was short. Mostly it was just a real good time for those of us that like that kind of music. Some pretty good music straight out of the hills and back-woods of the old days. I never saw so many musicians in one place before. Not bad food either. The only problem is that I misjudged the weather a bit and was a bit under-dressed for a day that never did warm up. I froze!

I'm already planning on heading down there again next year. Anybody else happen to wind up there today?

Doc, I never figured you for a bluegrass type guy... I guess we have more in common than I thought. I play the fiddle and the mandolin since about 8th grade... grew up playing bluegrass and old time country music. Love attending any bluegrass or fiddlin' fest when I get a chance.. The fiddlers Hall of fame is just around the corner from my camp in Redfield NY in a little one horse town called Osceola

Here is their web site: http://www.springwat...ddlersfair.net/

You might want to consider taking a drive next year. I would guess its probably a good 2 hour drive by the time you wiggle around those dirt roads in the hills around Springwater, but I think you might find it worth the drive.

I think I see a road trip in my future! thanks for the link Doc

Edited by nyantler