Anyone carrying a Recurve or Longbow this season

Recurver

I either will use my checkmate firebird at 49 lbs at 28 inch or my Martin hunter at 45 lbs, both these recurves are ready to go. My problem is I still feel that I am not good enough to hunt with them. I have to keep my shots under 15 yards or better. SO I hunt a few days when the rut is on with them. But most times I will take my compound that has the peep. kiser, fiber optic sight, and release. I use the same brand of arrows on both the easton carbon shafts. I also am a older hunter (69 ) and the compound I have set for 80% let off. I just wish I could find another trad hunter in the area to shoot with. Gets tied shooting on my own.

Im going to give it a try again this year. Past 3 years i break out the recurve for early Oct hunting. Have yet to get a deer and i am a little concerned about bringing it out during the rut. I still have that security blanket issue of compound gives with shots out ot about 50 asopposed to 25 with my recurve.

This may be the year that i leave it all at home (compound and even gun) and just tote the recurve so i can get one under my belt.

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting in to traditional archery.I'm hoping by next year to be competent to hunt. I have learned much and have much more to learn but it is captivating. I am trying to win an auction on a fletching jig right now so that I can re-fletch some aluminum arrows. I will work at it as time allows.Good luck to all you hunters keeping the old way alive.

still working with and learning how to shoot my recurve... was hoping to get out with it this year but im just not comfortable enough with it yet...so ill keep at it and hopefully ill be able to carry it for a few hunts next year

remember you can always still hunt with it.. just limit your shot distance if need be... if it's 10 yards and in right now then so be it.. at least you get to hunt with your recurve.