well16days to go and it's started......

growalot

i have always enjoyed spot lighting on state land and other private lands that i do not hunt. i have plenty of friends that also like to spot light none of us are poachers its perfectly legal know where the houses are and turn your lights off so you dont disturb anyone. really there are so many people on these forums that cry about the dumbest things. ok you dont spot light who cares i spot light who cares. hunters will always argue and fight against one another thats the major problem with our sport.

What is the difference between spotlighting at night or just sitting in your truck watching someone's field at dusk.

The spotlight itself?? The way it's done. We had this conversation last year and my thoughts were that if someone was spotlighting my field I'd get the plate # off the truck. First sign of poaching that number would be handed over to the authorities.

Geeze its a good thing you don't ouw land or hunt where i do in the southern tier. When people are out spotlighting and you come down the road with your light they respect the other light and shut theirs off untill the other light passes. That's respect right their as you sure would'nt want to get that light shinein in your eye's. The law say's it's ok to do it and if you try something stupid to someone that shine's your property and they are within the law.....well now you are the law breaker!!! Just the way it is!!!!

Lol i guess they better stay on your land hi beaming deer lol,,id be one mad dude if i seen someone spot lighting deer on my land..I have never myself heard of someone spot lighting a deer unless they are jacking it!!

This is where you said if your spotlighting your jacking deer.

i have always enjoyed spot lighting on state land and other private lands that i do not hunt. i have plenty of friends that also like to spot light none of us are poachers its perfectly legal know where the houses are and turn your lights off so you dont disturb anyone. really there are so many people on these forums that cry about the dumbest things. ok you dont spot light who cares i spot light who cares. hunters will always argue and fight against one another thats the major problem with our sport.

very well said i love spot lighting use to to do it all the time when i was a teenager and gas was .99cents a gallon me and a couple of buddys would take the hr and a half drive out to the southern tier and enoy spotting the fields. we always turned the light of well before the houses and befor any vehicles made it close to us. ive never had any problems with any land owners or anything also me and my friends have never poached a deer.

This is where you said if your spotlighting your jacking deer.

Lol dude whos cares...And i never said its impossible that there not just potlighting and not jacking the deer..I'm just sayin for the 3rd time it dont make sense to spot light deer..on someone elses land you cant hunt anyway..and you all can tell all the fairy tails you want i have never in my life seen someone spotlight a deer at night to take a pic of lmao,,,,its pretty stupid sounding..but ok your a lilttle late and a dollar short!!

• Like 1

The DEC is not going to hassle you as long as you are spotting legally, they just ask to make sure you dont have a gun or bow in the car. Ive had them pull up while Im out before, no BS involved. Other than the past couple of years, I have gone spotting every year. Never once have I even considered shooting one from the car, at night or illegally otherwise. I just enjoy looking at the deer that are around, they dont stay on the same property all the time, especially during the rut. You could have a buck from 3 or more miles away walk by your stand.

If you dont like to do it, fine, but saying things like "I have never myself heard of someone spot lighting a deer unless they are jacking it!!" just makes you sound silly. You shouldnt paint with such a broad brush. ;)

• Like 2

Dude once again like i said i never MYSELF..MYSELF..MYSELF....That means me not you and what you do or the next guy i just said i personaly dont know who would do that..SO no its very far from a broad brush lol..I was speakin formyself and about the people i hunt with all the time..but all 5 of you can keep going if you want ill b shure to defend my point!!

• Like 1

I'm tempted to reply to BUCK BUCK again, but I'm afraid it would be a waste of some perfectly good sarcasm...

There might be a connection here though..

Could BUCK BUCK be Growalot's SON...??..

Naw..I won't go there.. I refuse to engage in character assassination...

Forget I said that..I think it's time for my nap...

I'm tempted to reply to BUCK BUCK again, but I'm afraid it would be a waste of some perfectly good sarcasm...

There might be a connection here though..

Could BUCK BUCK be Growalot's SON...??..

Naw..I won't go there.. I refuse to engage in character assassination...

Forget I said that..I think it's time for my nap...

Allright join the group of know it all your sarcasm is neither needed or wanted you play in a school yard if your looking to crack jokes all day!!

• Like 1

There lies the problem!!! Someone can be parked on the road...NOT BREAKING THE LAW!! Someone can shine a light in your field.NOT BREAKING THE LAW AS LONG AS NOT WITHIN 500FT!! Then there is nothing you can do about it. You can call the law and they will come and tell YOU to get a life because it's NOT BREAKING THE LAW. Buck you see where this is going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S NOT BREAKING ANY LAW'S!! Everyone's hand's are tied and you will have to deal with it like everyone else does!!

Right,Wrong or indifferent!!!

Haha im not the one that started this thread plus i dont have a problem with people doing this..i have a road that leads right up the middle of my land so there is NO REASON AT ALL...to be on my land go somewere else and spot light idc...And i dont call the law thats not the way we handle things in my neck of the woods i dont need any help you come in my familys land and you will be the one calling the law lol..but have a good one this is getting old fast!!And i still wont deal with people shinning lights on my land idc what the law says it my land not theres!!sorry

• Like 1

ive made my comment incase you cant see. i enjoy spot lighting like ive said maybe you should open your eyes. also ill hit the like button on something that i agree with why i am gonna write the exact same thing as some one else. there will always be peple out there that spot light deal with it and move on.

Lol dude whos cares...And i never said its impossible that there not just potlighting and not jacking the deer..I'm just sayin for the 3rd time it dont make sense to spot light deer..on someone elses land you cant hunt anyway..and you all can tell all the fairy tails you want i have never in my life seen someone spotlight a deer at night to take a pic of lmao,,,,its pretty stupid sounding..but ok your a lilttle late and a dollar short!!

Hey bud here's a pic of a 10point I spotted using my SPOTLIGHT 2 nights ago in a field that I DON'T EVEN OWN but borders the woodlot I hunt!! WHEEEEEW I FEEL LIKE SUCH A CRIMINAL

post-547-0-95820500-1321128213_thumb.jpg

Hey bud here's a pic of a 10point I spotted using my SPOTLIGHT 2 nights ago in a field that I DON'T EVEN OWN but borders the woodlot I hunt!! WHEEEEEW I FEEL LIKE SUCH A CRIMINAL

Dude once again idc thats not my land spot away killer lmao..I rather shoot a buck with a rifle not a spot light DDUUUUuuUUUuUuuuuuuuuu....

Dude once again idc thats not my land spot away killer lmao..I rather shoot a buck with a rifle not a spot light DDUUUUuuUUUuUuuuuuuuuu....

Don't worry I will!! Now I know what's runnin around my land and what to look out for!! I know your first response would be to get a trail camera and which I do but they don't always get everThing ... DURRRR. I USE SPOTLIGHTING AS A WAY TO SCOUT. WITHOUT GOING OUT THAT NIGHT AND NOT NOTICING HOW BUCKS ARE LOCKED ON DOES I WOULD HAVE A HARD TIME FIGURING OUT WHAT PHASE THE RUT IS IN WHEN IN MY STAND ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THE CLEAR NIGHTS AND THE FULL MOON... DURRR (SORRY FOR THE CAPS DIDN'T REALIZE IT USING MY PHONE)