how big?

Chromeslayer

I don;t know much about bears, but comparing him to a pic that burmjohn put up I would guess this guy is young. They say to look at the ears...if it looks like a German Sheapard, it's young...if it looks like Mickey mouse it has some age...plus the snout looks long which i would think means it's younger?? But just like humans, you could bear (no pun intended) big kids...shit I was 10 lbs 8 oz....its tough to tell with nothing to judge from but i would say maybe it's the height of a golden retreiver and is 2.5 times as big. My guees would be 200-250lbs....let us know when you shoot it.

Edited by Paulie

60-75lbs. Woof!

Look at those giant ears! Tons of daylight under the tranny also.

Don' t shoot for fears mamma will eat you up for killing her baby!

Those pics from Wilson? Sat it ain't so..................................................................

60-75lbs. Woof!

Look at those giant ears! Tons of daylight under the tranny also.

Don' t shoot for fears mamma will eat you up for killing her baby!

Those pics from Wilson? Sat it ain't so..................................................................

no way that low ears are huge, your right about the belly but i say at least breaking 100 that bear is perfect to shoot, unless you want to let it get bigger then by all means let it get bigger

• 5 weeks later...

When I lived in Alaska I attended a few bear hunting classes and the state actually makes you pass a course to bait for them. Here is the link to the website and it has a little information on judging size of the black bear.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=bearbaiting.main

I know it talks about using the barrel method because that is what most people use to bait up there, but most of us know how big a 55 gal. drum is to the comparison should be easy to visualize. I also subscribed to a site similar to this one in AK which had a lot of information on black bear hunting.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/