A Little Ballston Spa Auction Action

Deleted Account

Met up with ApexerEr tonight at the Talk of the Town Sportsman Auction. Super good dude, it was really nice to meet a forum member outside of the ole internet. I won't divulge Apexer's purchase, but I was able to pick up some .22 shorts (squirrel ammo) and an old (pre-1921) Remington 12a (I've always wanted one). Overall a really good night.

If anyone is in the B-Spa area, they do this auction on the 4th Thursday of every month. Hit me up if you're going so maybe I can meet some more internet aquaintances.

MVIMG_20200227_212216.jpg

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, sbuff said:

I've been wanting to go to one of them but kids sports have been winning it over . How have the asking prices been ?

Since it's an auction, they don't list any asking prices, and I haven't seen anything with a reserve price. It really depends, I've only been twice, but some things go a little cheap, most go for about right, and some things go for way more than I would imagine. I like pocket knives, and it seems like the cheap knives go for way more than their worth (a $5 knife will sell for $15-20) and the good knives go for cheap. There is a lot of military items, and I don't know enough about that stuff to say what's what, but it seems like there are at least a few guys there who know their stuff.

2 minutes ago, mowin said:

Never heard of this auction

It's every month?  Surprised they have enough inventory for a every month auction. 

I'm sure it's most if not all consignment stuff. They do have it every month. This month didn't have as much variety as most months, but I'm sure it just depends on what they get in.

• Like 1

It was great meeting you last night as well Leland.  Although I am still baffled how a cowboy boot wearing, gun auction attendee can be a democrat, but I won't hold it against you....lol

Next time I will be better prepared. I bid on a few things, but it goes fast so you don't have time to think about how much you are willing to spend. You need to go with the list, know what your interested in and how much you want to spend on that item and get in the bidding and stop when you reach what you want to spend. At least that will be my plan next time. I thought sure I won a Walter PPK .40 but got out bid at the last 2nd. I left with a cheap pellet gun for my daughter and a new friend...so it was a great night!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Met up with ApexerEr tonight at the Talk of the Town Sportsman Auction. Super good dude, it was really nice to meet a forum member outside of the ole internet. I won't divulge Apexer's purchase, but I was able to pick up some .22 shorts (squirrel ammo) and an old (pre-1921) Remington 12a (I've always wanted one). Overall a really good night.

If anyone is in the B-Spa area, they do this auction on the 4th Thursday of every month. Hit me up if you're going so maybe I can meet some more internet aquaintances.

MVIMG_20200227_212216.jpg

I have a Pump .22 like the one pictured .... it was my wife's Fathers ! Its missing the Magazine Tube but I'm sure I can find one out there somewhere !

15 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

I have a Pump .22 like the one pictured .... it was my wife's Fathers ! Its missing the Magazine Tube but I'm sure I can find one out there somewhere !

Hop on eBay, they have a lot of parts. This one has a cracked butt plate and is missing a forearm screw. I put an order in for both last night and they'll be here next week. I'm looking forward to shooting it, it's going to become my new gun for .22 shorts.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

It was great meeting you last night as well Leland.  Although I am still baffled how a cowboy boot wearing, gun auction attendee can be a democrat, but I won't hold it against you....lol

Next time I will be better prepared. I bid on a few things, but it goes fast so you don't have time to think about how much you are willing to spend. You need to go with the list, know what your interested in and how much you want to spend on that item and get in the bidding and stop when you reach what you want to spend. At least that will be my plan next time. I thought sure I won a Walter PPK .40 but got out bid at the last 2nd. I left with a cheap pellet gun for my daughter and a new friend...so it was a great night!

I really thought you had the Walther :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sbuff said:

Why can't I find a list of guns being auctioned .

From what Leland said they post it the week before the auction. Since it is only once a month, it wouldn't be out yet. Since I am signed up I believe they will email me the list now. If you want to PM me your email address, I will be happy to send you the list when I receive it...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

From what Leland said they post it the week before the auction. Since it is only once a month, it wouldn't be out yet. Since I am signed up I believe they will email me the list now. If you want to PM me your email address, I will be happy to send you the list when I receive it...

I think they will mail it to you Apexer, I got mine that way last month. I think they usually post the auction a couple of weeks in advance, and post photos the Monday before the auction. You can also go to the auction house starting at 9am the day of the auction to look at everything. 

• Like 1