Drew Tags for Letchworth

Rev Ev

So yesterday me and some buddies spent all day scouting around the area. They had hunted there before but I hadn't. We counted over 80 deer seen! It got so crazy that when we would see deer on the side of the road we would stop, get out and see how close we could get to them before the spooked off. I think the closest was 15 feet! all in all, I am stoked about spending the first week up there and seeing how much fun we can have. Its archery only, does only, but man the area is nice, roads everywhere, deer everywhere.

About 10 or 12 of use would rent 2 cabins for a week during bow fun times. We mostly would go towards the river , way in but be ready for a long and hard drag out, sometimes hours.We had a no doe rule, well unless you wanted to drag her yourself !

If you drive the road at night and shine a light onto the woods,in places it looks like a busy airport with all the glowing tacks.......

There are some farms off the west side of the park rd. deer tend to come out of the river bottom and head there for a night feed, then back down in the AM .

One of our guys has hunted there over 35 years ,many have 15 -20, they would not be to happy with me giving out on the WWW what they learned over decades.......

Take note of the no hunting areas and the AR's in place. The Park police do check you coming out as well as the cabin areas , and no you can't shoot the bears. Someone of our group would see one daily.

EDIT. Just saw your "does" only ?? Never was before so I checked there site no mention of does only, just the AR's in both bow and gun .

Good Luck have fun.

Edited by Larry302

I have been there huting for 20 plus years and have a 150acre farm that boarders the safty zone coming in the mt morris entrance.They opened up the safty zone to bow only and that might be what he speaks of of the doe only statement.I stay at the farm and we gat a cabin and hunt the last week of bow and the first week of shotgun.The good newz is there are alot of deer but the 2 pieces of bad newz is if you want to see rutting bucks on the park you better pick up a bow and be there the last week of bow and second if you want a wallhanger you better head to the river where you will face a 6 plus hour drag UPHILL and yes down there its absolutly no does and it kinda sucks because at times i have seen 20 plus flatheads walking by me on the botton.As far as the bears yes there are many and we lost a nice 8pt the first night to a bear...

I have been there huting for 20 plus years and have a 150acre farm that boarders the safty zone coming in the mt morris entrance.They opened up the safty zone to bow only and that might be what he speaks of of the doe only statement.I stay at the farm and we gat a cabin and hunt the last week of bow and the first week of shotgun.The good newz is there are alot of deer but the 2 pieces of bad newz is if you want to see rutting bucks on the park you better pick up a bow and be there the last week of bow and second if you want a wallhanger you better head to the river where you will face a 6 plus hour drag UPHILL and yes down there its absolutly no does and it kinda sucks because at times i have seen 20 plus flatheads walking by me on the botton.As far as the bears yes there are many and we lost a nice 8pt the first night to a bear...

Yeah. That was my deer(and he had 9 points B) )! Next time I will wait at the deer for help. Lol

i also have tags for letchworth "safety zone" its the southern zone........... i hunted there last year and seen no less than 20-30 deer per outing!!!!!!!!!!!! in the woods...either too far away or bucks!!!! tons of deer in there!!!!! anyone hunt opnening weekend up there in the park.... i have me and 3 others noone shot anything saw total of 3 doe!!!!

Ya this year you stay with the deer and the BEAR and that way when todd,jay and i get down there atleast someone will still have a gun....lol

Did I mention the HUUUUUUUGE dropoffs ?

Yeah, not a bad idea.I would not mind some venison to go with my antlers this year.

Huuuuuuge is right . No place to be hunting.