LONG ISLAND DEER REPORTS

Geno C

Lets use this thread to report deer movement, sightings, time and so on.

Its nice to see some active reports coming in, buck movement, were they chancing, were they seeking all the fun stuff. Lets here it!

goodluck to you all and may your arrows sail straight!

I have only hunted on opening day and then Monday Oct.3rd. Only saw 2 does on opening day ( my son shot at and missed the second doe). Was away last weekend and had to work today but I will be out with my son tomorrow and again I'll be out on Monday. My buddies who hunt the area have seen a few does and one buck since. I'm hoping to find some fresh rubs and scrapes this weekend and try to hunt them.Seems to be real slow with deer movement. Hopefully this cold front will spark them up a bit. Good luck all!

Despite wind deer seem to.be moving. Got to spot jumped one in field. About 10 minutes ago a doe with a yearling and a doe with two fawns came out. Got to twenty yards alpha doe winded me took off and they followed. I'm on a little knoll in some locusts laying against a blow down. Wind keeps swirling...

Haha speaking of fresh sign I have seen some nice rubs, but I hunted a tree on Friday night that i thought I found for myself when I got settled in someones hool and hinged bowholder were left in the tree. I didn't see anything but I made a nice scrape at 20 yards along a beaten trail. I will be back to hunt that stand again hopefully gets a little movement but I know it's fake if this other guys sees it he will be pretty excited. This is my second mockscrape on public land it's kind of funny bc others will see them.

Haha speaking of fresh sign I have seen some nice rubs, but I hunted a tree on Friday night that i thought I found for myself when I got settled in someones hool and hinged bowholder were left in the tree. I didn't see anything but I made a nice scrape at 20 yards along a beaten trail. I will be back to hunt that stand again hopefully gets a little movement but I know it's fake if this other guys sees it he will be pretty excited. This is my second mockscrape on public land it's kind of funny bc others will see them.

was it a black hinged bow hanger? lol

Had a half rack come in to me at six yards last night, I moved trying to get him on video with my phone and he jammed out of there don't think he had an idea what I was. Just stood in the field looking around like what the hell was that? Pretty tense few minutes. Would have shot him at seven yards if he had his other side. Can't figure out if he's the nice 8 I have on cam and somehow lost his right side when shedding. I could have sworn he only had 3 points though. Will try to get the one second clip of him. (Hit record twice...idiot) most eventful hunt of the season so far. This am had a big doe w fawn come under me while it was dark.

Hey Karp, I sitting home with kids, wishing was out how thing looking? Geno you out there?

hey anthony, i was out yesterday morn didnt see anything. i was going to slip out this morn as well but didnt feel to hot when i woke up at 330am. This up coming weekend its on, i will be out.