LONG ISLAND DEER REPORTS

Geno C

I have hunted pretty much two or more days a week since Oct 1st and have been inundated with does every trip but one the reason I havent taken one is I lack a doe tag and don't want to use my either sex. This last trip out was my first that u saw bucks and a few also I noticed in the last week rut sign has sparked up. Hopefully now a buck will present a easy shot like the does have been.

Headed out today after football both spots ive scouted full headed in blind to another set up and quiet at 4 (late!) and with 30 left of shooting light a buck cruises by behind some brush 50 yards out at 12o'clock of me grunting and on a mision. Nothing would stop him can, grunt. Well long morning tomorow dark-2ish then a full day tues hopefully I don't need tues. tomorow am is supposed to be COLD. Hopefully Illl be alone I love weekdays

Well so much for seeing more deer movement after the cold and the storm. I was out yesterday with my son and 2 buddies and my son was the only one who saw anything. He saw a doe around 4:10 working her way across a ridge about 100 yds from where his stand was. He said she was all alone....nothing trailing her. My only excitement was damaging the tailgate on my truck . Pulled my truck off road and went to park up on a side trail.....even with 4 wheel drive I started to slide back down off the trail a little bit.......damn wet mucky leaves........ brakes locked and BAMMMMM....right into Mr. PineTree. Only tapped it but it did enough damage. Was able to still open and close tailgate so I guess it could have been worse. So it turned into an expensive trip. Taking it to body shop probably this week. Would definitely be rather spending the money on a nice mount instead of a new tailgate.....LOL. Going out for an afternoon hunt today. Hopefully the Deer Gods will shine down and take pity on me.

Hunted am Mon day let a does and spike walk the spike made a rub at 20 yards for a few mins. Also hunted full day tues saw nothing in my morning spot where I saw the three bucks last week then switched to where I've been seeing all the does and saw just that all does nothing chasing. Going back out again Fri for a few hours before work then up to my property in Sullivan for sun and Mon.

Im off all of next week. Hunting the island Sat morning then heading up to Chenango county for a few days then back to Greene county at the end of the week. Cant wait for this week to end already!!!! Ill be hunting the island thanksgiving week as i have another week off from work so ill be out there everyday. Hopefully Nov will be good to us all... Good Luck Guys!!!

John