Squirrel's New Rod Build

8 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

7 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

And some mandrels

Call Me The Teflon Don

Nice indeed. I use copper pipe and put the foam grips/corks on and use the wrapper like a lathe to shape them with Emory cloth. 

• Like 1

Nice indeed. I use copper pipe and put the foam grips/corks on and use the wrapper like a lathe to shape them with Emory cloth. 
Wish I thought about copper pipe. Could have saved younger me some good coin lol

Call Me The Teflon Don

The grips/corks go on a pipe in the middle of the jig so they are centered (hard to see the holes drilled for the pipe in the pic), then they go into the “lathe” for shaping
Yup! I thought about making those one time then I just never did. It is Definitely fun carving up grips though. Very messy but fun to watch it come to life

Call Me The Teflon Don

So my boat guy is back at it, but swamped. He can’t get me in until May 18th. So...weather permitting...hope to have little squirrel christen his new rod shortly thereafter.

I’m gonna wrap his reel (in wrapping paper lol) and give it to him tomorrow when we have cake and put a bow on his rod, although he has seen and held it. Gonna be nice to watch him put his reel on it and check it out “for the first time”.

• Like 3