Squirrel's New Rod Build

On 4/14/2020 at 6:28 PM, squirrelwhisperer said:

Hope you get it soon

Well I called this morning ... haven't shipped it yet . I was assured it would ship by the end of the week . I reminded the woman it was Thursday  already. She apologized.. we are short staffed.. backed up with orders ... poor communication  between departments ... not her fault.

3 plus weeks since ordered .

1 hour ago, Nytracker said:

Well I called this morning ... haven't shipped it yet . I was assured it would ship by the end of the week . I reminded the woman it was Thursday  already. She apologized.. we are short staffed.. backed up with orders ... poor communication  between departments ... not her fault.

3 plus weeks since ordered .

Sorry to hear. Hopefully soon. 

Today the rod will take its first bend. I see all rod blanks as unique, so I don’t use guide spacing charts. I will use the reel and line that the rod will be married to and, with it in a rod holder and the line tied to my bench, put a bend in it so that the tip is 90 degrees to the butt. This will let the rod tell me where it wants the guides. By day’s end, the guide locations will be all marked out and I will prepare the guide feet. By that I mean that I file a very gentle but gradual slope into them so the thread lays on them nice as I wrap. If time permits (teacher duty for the kids, maybe some fishing with little squirrel, honey do list, prep and cook dinner), I will hopefully be able to begin the under wraps. Pics to follow. 

• Like 3

Made good progress today. Honestly didn’t see that coming lol. Got the guides all located and instead of prepping the feet I started the under wraps. Got them all on the blank but the OCD perfectionist in me needs to measure them all and make sure they are progressively longer from the tip back. Ughh. I may have to remove and redo one lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk