Hell on Wheels

wolc123

Anyone watching this on Netflicks ?   It is pretty good.  The acting is not bad and it looks like they went to great lengths to maintain historical accuracy on the sets.   They did a much better job of that than most of the other Westerns that I have seen.   The guns all look legit to the period, as do the steam-engines, furniture, clothing and whatnot.   It may be the only western that I have seen where they actually reload the guns during the big gunfights.  I am most of the way thru season (2) now, with (3) more seasons to go.   

This thing blows Tiger-king out of the water by miles.  I could not even get thru one full episode of that nonsense. but my wife liked it.  Thankfully, she is starting to get into "Hell on Wheels" a bit.   It actually gets better as it goes, unlike some of the other junk that is out there.             

I've watched it through a couple times.  When people I know are new to Netflix and ask what they should watch, the first things I say is Breaking Bad. The second is Hell on Wheels. 

Though that may not be good, it sets the var kind of high.