Why is the doctor calling me???

Robhuntandfish

36 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Thanks all - I will prob go in August as then it will be one year since my last Physical.  Just thought it weird that they called me out of the blue.  They never did this before and Ive gone much longer without being there.  But def not going right now , cant see risking getting sick when I feel fine.  That doesnt make sense.  Not right now so they get billing but risk my health i thought wasnt cool.   

Could be the doctors office switched to a new system that throws up reminders or the insurance company might be pushing for check ups . Rest assured ,someone is looking for some money.

I'd have to imagine they are bored and catching up on paper work that they normally don't have time for. Your annual DOT physical is a pretty good yearly check up but I would still do yearly blood work. I never use to go to the doctor unless I was sick but now we get a 10% reduction in health care cost's if we do a yearly health screening and doctor visit. They make it very easy to do and it's free so why not save 10%. 

With that said there is no way in hell I'd be going into a doctors office right now unless I was about to die. Heck I'm not even going to my normal Chiropractor visits until this is over. 

I get your line of thought, insurance company's, billing, charging this or that, out of nowhere they call you etc, etc. But the circumstances really are irrelevant as to why they're calling. You're insured. They called and reminded you that even though they're profiting, they're someone in some sort of way that gives a crap about your well being. Use the service. 

Things have changed. Gonna be permanent with the virus. The way we used to do things is over. Kiss it goodbye. They ll have the protocol figured out soon.

I can see you showing up at the doctor's office in a hazmat suit and respirator, lol, total barrier protection. No waiting just walk inside to the room and strip down. Keep your mask on lol. Dr comes in to poke prod and turn your head and cough deal. Prepare for the finger now as you're pushing 50 haha. Get your blood work done at an outside vendor. Cheaper. 

I'm sorry bud for harping but it just ain't no joke. Get checked often, be well, stay well. Best regards. 

23 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I get your line of thought, insurance company's, billing, charging this or that, out of nowhere they call you etc, etc. But the circumstances really are irrelevant as to why they're calling. You're insured. They called and reminded you that even though they're profiting, they're someone in some sort of way that gives a crap about your well being. Use the service. 

Things have changed. Gonna be permanent with the virus. The way we used to do things is over. Kiss it goodbye. They ll have the protocol figured out soon.

I can see you showing up at the doctor's office in a hazmat suit and respirator, lol, total barrier protection. No waiting just walk inside to the room and strip down. Keep your mask on lol. Dr comes in to poke prod and turn your head and cough deal. Prepare for the finger now as you're pushing 50 haha. Get your blood work done at an outside vendor. Cheaper. 

I'm sorry bud for harping but it just ain't no joke. Get checked often, be well, stay well. Best regards. 

I have a doctors visit scheduled for a couple weeks and masks are required in the doctors office . I don't even own one or know where to get one .

36 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I have a doctors visit scheduled for a couple weeks and masks are required in the doctors office . I don't even own one or know where to get one .

Anything that covers your face to prevent airborne infection. Anything will help. I use a hankerchief/doorag tied around my nose cause I had some kicking around. Probably not the best but . . .

Wear rubber gloves. Disposable. Anything cheap to cover your hands when touching anything public. Hit your keys, phone, car door handles, steering wheel etc w a solution of bleach and warm water. Clorox spray woorks too. Once a day.

Go to the doctor's, check in n tell them you ll be outside when they're ready. In and out. No unessessary contact. Wash n bleach your masks if not disposable.

I'm not a disease expert in anyway. Have a physiology n science background but staying "clean" isn't difficult. Dont be a vector. Barriers and bleach are your best friends. Stay well. 

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Anything that covers your face to prevent airborne infection. Anything will help. I use a hankerchief/doorag tied around my nose cause I had some kicking around. Probably not the best but . . .

Wear rubber gloves. Disposable. Anything cheap to cover your hands when touching anything public. Hit your keys, phone, car door handles, steering wheel etc w a solution of bleach and warm water. Clorox spray woorks too. Once a day.

Go to the doctor's, check in n tell them you ll be outside when they're ready. In and out. No unessessary contact. Wash n bleach your masks if not disposable.

I'm not a disease expert in anyway. Have a physiology n science background but staying "clean" isn't difficult. Dont be a vector. Barriers and bleach are your best friends. Stay well. 

face coverings DO NOT protect you from airborne infection. They do not hurt (unless you're constantly touching your face to adjust it). The only thing that will protect you is an N95 or greater.

Note that people are being asked to cover their mouths/nose so that if they are infected, the covering will capture the droplets and prevent them from spreading to a surface. The biggest issue with this disease is how many are infected and asymptomatic. so if we all cover, even if we feel fine, we can help stop the spread.