23 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Use your internet skills to determine how much territory was controlled by ISIS while Obama was President.   Compare that to what they hold now after 3.5 years of Trump.   Then get back to us with who did or is doing a better job.  Obama was a talker, while Trump is a doer.  

Since Splitear has yet to reply to this post, I have to assume that he has discovered the truth about Trump doing a better job than Obama on handling ISIS.   Many of the other issues are up for debate, but this is one area where not even the most far-left Democrat can come up with a good excuse for Obama's piss-poor performance.   I can only imagine how much the scattered remains of ISIS is hoping for a Biden Presidency.  It is a good thing that there seems to be just one committed member of this site who seems willing to help with that cause.         

• Like 2

I find it very amusing people who support Democrats get crazy about insignificant things and whether they are factual or not, yet refuse to admit the fact Democrats are for big government, oppressive control of everything, high taxes and less individual liberty.  That is a fact they cannot deny, so they avoid addressing it at all.

Forest for the trees lefties, forest for the trees.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Since Splitear has yet to reply to this post, I have to assume that he has discovered the truth about Trump doing a better job than Obama on handling ISIS.   Many of the other issues are up for debate, but this is one area where not even the most far-left Democrat can come up with a good excuse for Obama's piss-poor performance.   I can only imagine how much the scattered remains of ISIS is hoping for a Biden Presidency.  It is a good thing that there seems to be just one committed member of this site who seems willing to help with that cause.         

Sorry Wolc, I didn't mean to make you feel left out, I honestly didn't see your post. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings, it wasn't on purpose.

For all intents and purposes, ISIS has certainly faired far worse during the Trump administration than Obama's. I'm sure that is due in some part because of Trump, and good on him if that is the case. I honestly don't know enough to say what was good or bad for Obama or Trump. I'm sure you can and will fill me in, which I totally welcome. 

I have never said that Trump has been a complete and total failure, he hasn't. Still doesn't change the fact that I don't like him, don't support him, and won't vote for him.

Likewise, I still believe Obama was a good president, and don't regret voting for him.

I'll try to keep a closer eye out for your posts in the future, I certainly don't want to offend you by not responding :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rattler said:

... and whether they are factual or not

If you're willing to lie about the little things, you'll lie about the big things too. At least that's what my father would say.

Quit posting false and fake things, and we'll quit calling you out on them Rattler. I'm sorry if pointing out your fake copy and paste posts hurts you, but come on man, this is why I quit taking you seriously. You've essentially become the "chain email" of this forum. Sure a couple of people buy that fake BS and pass it to the next person as truth, but I for one don't. 

• Like 1

That was posted just to get a rise out of you guys.  It's quite obvious you avoid debate on the real issues I post that are facts.

Let's talk facts about Pelosi, the leader of your party in the house.  There's plenty to discuss there.

Let's talk facts about the party you support.  I've got plenty of facts to discuss there if you want.

Let's talk facts about Trump's accomplishments in only 3 years.  I've got plenty to talk about there too.

Seems when facts are on the agenda, Democrats refuse to discuss them.  Yet they will get all bent out of shape over things that are comical or satire, as if they were meant to be true.  Call them lies to sooth your ego if you like, but that's what satire, comedy and jokes really boil down to.  Manipulation is another very well practiced skill of the left.  As if it proves anything other than they cannot handle the truth when it's in front of them.

Let's start with these points.  I claim they are facts. You say they are not?  

Democrats are for big government, oppressive control of everything, high taxes and less individual liberty.

First of all, I don't believe you. I think you saw that post come across your Facebook and bought it hook, line and sinker. When I called you out on it, you got all butt hurt and then claimed "I knew it was fake the whole time, I was just testing you". I could be totally wrong on this.

You are correct about one thing, I don't want to argue facts with you, at least not today. We'll end up in the same spot, except both of us will have a headache.

1 hour ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Sorry Wolc, I didn't mean to make you feel left out, I honestly didn't see your post. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings, it wasn't on purpose.

For all intents and purposes, ISIS has certainly faired far worse during the Trump administration than Obama's. I'm sure that is due in some part because of Trump, and good on him if that is the case. I honestly don't know enough to say what was good or bad for Obama or Trump. I'm sure you can and will fill me in, which I totally welcome. 

I have never said that Trump has been a complete and total failure, he hasn't. Still doesn't change the fact that I don't like him, don't support him, and won't vote for him.

Likewise, I still believe Obama was a good president, and don't regret voting for him.

I'll try to keep a closer eye out for your posts in the future, I certainly don't want to offend you by not responding :)

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, which does make me feel better.   It is good to see that you recognize at least one area where Trump has seriously outperformed Obama.  Now, if I can only convince you on a few other important issues, like protecting the Second Amendment and limiting abortion.   

That last issue (abortion) is the most important one to me personally.  Do you know that more than 10 times as many "unborn" lives were exterminated by that practice in this country since Roe vs Wade, as "born" ones that were executed by Hitler during WW II.   Do you believe that new life begins at birth or at conception and can you offer any scientific proof for you position ?    

Edited by wolc123

44 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, which does make me feel better.   It is good to see that you recognize at least one area where Trump has seriously outperformed Obama.  Now, if I can only convince you on a few other important issues, like protecting the Second Amendment and limiting abortion.   

That last issue (abortion) is the most important one to me personally.  Do you know that more than 10 times as many "unborn" lives were exterminated by that practice in this country since Roe vs Wade, as "born" ones that were executed by Hitler during WW II.   Do you believe that new life begins at birth or at conception and can you offer any scientific proof for you position ?    

"Seriously outperformed" are your words, not mine. But I'm glad I could please you this Sunday morning.

Abortion is something that I have not made my mind up about. I mean personally, I'm against it. However, having heard arguments for and against government regulation, I see both sides of the argument. I'm sorry to if it disappoints you, but I'm not able to weigh in on this one because I have my own internal back and forth on this one.

I'm just curious why you guys keep pulling me into your arguments. I made a post responding to why I don't like Trump, and now you're pulling me into discussions about ISIS, Abortion, and whether or not the Democratic party is an oppressive and totalitarian machine. Am I the only left leaning person you have contact with? 

I've never claimed to be an expert on anything. Sure, I have opinions, and I don't apologize for them unless I find out they are wrong or if they hurt someone. Nor do I expect anyone else to apologize for their opinions, or for their "facts" as the are sometimes referred to. This whole "prove me wrong" business or "give me your facts then I'll give you mine" is really obnoxious. If you have something to say, say it, if you have facts to share, share them. If your facts turn out to be wrong, don't get upset and blame the messenger for pointing it out. 

I guess the blame falls mostly on me for falling into these traps, I keep taking the bait. I'd like to point out though, none of this comes from offense or frustration. If I didn't enjoy the back and forth I wouldn't be here. 

Edited by Splitear_Leland
Added a paragraph.

7 hours ago, Rattler said:

I find it very amusing people who support Democrats get crazy about insignificant things and whether they are factual or not, yet refuse to admit the fact Democrats are for big government, oppressive control of everything, high taxes and less individual liberty.  That is a fact they cannot deny, so they avoid addressing it at all.

Forest for the trees lefties, forest for the trees.

I'm all for smaller government.  What I can't figure out is how Trump's "smaller government" managed to grow the deficit.  The only "progress" I have seen from this president is tax breaks for the rich.  

7 hours ago, Rattler said:

I find it very amusing people who support Democrats get crazy about insignificant things and whether they are factual or not, yet refuse to admit the fact Democrats are for big government, oppressive control of everything, high taxes and less individual liberty.  

Was that intended as a response to the hotel post? Please say yes. 

What I find interesting is that every time you post a fact and are proved wrong, you ignore it and move onto the next right-wing talking point. 

How soon before you move onto the vaccine being the “mark of the beast?”

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

That was posted just to get a rise out of you guys.  It's quite obvious you avoid debate on the real issues I post that are facts.

Let's talk facts about Pelosi, the leader of your party in the house.  There's plenty to discuss there.

Let's talk facts about the party you support.  I've got plenty of facts to discuss there if you want.

Let's talk facts about Trump's accomplishments in only 3 years.  I've got plenty to talk about there too.

Seems when facts are on the agenda, Democrats refuse to discuss them.  Yet they will get all bent out of shape over things that are comical or satire, as if they were meant to be true.  Call them lies to sooth your ego if you like, but that's what satire, comedy and jokes really boil down to.  Manipulation is another very well practiced skill of the left.  As if it proves anything other than they cannot handle the truth when it's in front of them.

Let's start with these points.  I claim they are facts. You say they are not?  

Democrats are for big government, oppressive control of everything, high taxes and less individual liberty.

Rattler, you're looking for a fight here, and you're not going to get it from me. "You say they are not?" are your words not mine. I'm sure you have all kinds of Facebook facts and Twitter quotes to back yourself up, and that's fine. Believe what you want to believe, if it's truth to you, then so be it.

Truth be told, I don't have the facts on hand to prove my opinions, and note I say opinions not facts, because I have been wrong in the past, and I know I'll be wrong again in the future (that is a fact). I know I didn't just pull them out of thin air, and if I wanted to dig down and find supporting evidence for why I believe what I believe, or why I do what I do, I'm sure I could. However, I don't want to, and I shouldn't have to. I don't owe you anything. I am not here to sway you from your beliefs, I have never had that intention. By your own saying, my beliefs "worry" you, and you aim to "enlighten" folks like me. If you are intent on "waking me up", the burden of proof is on you. Just remember, I never asked you for it. 

I'm just a middle of the road Democrat throwing my $0.02 out to the wolves in the political section of a hunting forum. 

Edited by Splitear_Leland

The National Debt,which is what I think you're referring to, grows as the govt spends more than it takes in.  It mortgages the overspending.  All new administrations spend new money on new programs.  They face obstacles when trying to cut wasteful spending from prior administrations that were implemented to buy votes.

Certain crises often have to be dealt with by new Presidents that require spending as well.  Trump had to deal with the illegal immigration issue to start with.  Then Congress blocked anything he needed money for unless they got a lot of pork payments in exchange.  Nothing would have gotten done without bending to extortion.  

As far as progress goes, here's a link to things Trump has made a lot of progress on:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/exclusive-trump-list-shows-319-results-and-promises-kept-in-three-years

The tax breaks were across the board and benefit the middle class far more than the rich.

10 minutes ago, left field said:

Was that intended as a response to the hotel post? Please say yes. 

What I find interesting is that every time you post a fact and are proved wrong, you ignore it and move onto the next right-wing talking point. 

How soon before you move onto the vaccine being the “mark of the beast?”

I'll be more than happy to discuss facts with you as well, if ever you choose to do that.

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

This topic is also near and dear to me. Abortion is murder, plain and simple. 

Medically, you are pronounced dead, not when brain activity stops, but when your heart stops. So, on the opposite side of the coin, life starts when the heart starts beating. The cells are definitely alive before then, but once the heart starts beating, you are a person. 

@Splitear_Leland maybe this will help you make up your mind.....

Aren’t you glad your mom was pro-life?? 

3 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Medically, you are pronounced dead, not when brain activity stops, but when your heart stops. So, on the opposite side of the coin, life starts when the heart starts beating. The cells are definitely alive before then, but once the heart starts beating, you are a person. 

You're not going to get an argument from me SW, I said that personally I am not in favor of abortion. I am torn on the political side of it, and again, that doesn't mean I'm against regulation, I think both sides have compelling arguments, so I am undecided. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

It sounds like Splitear leans towards Trump on at least two issues: ISIS, and abortion.   Since he is on this hunting website, I have to assume he also supports the 2nd Amendment.    I think we have a good chance of getting him on board the Trump train before November.  At least he is showing some signs of listening to reason.    Maybe Left Field will follow suit.    

Edited by wolc123
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rattler said:

The National Debt,which is what I think you're referring to, grows as the govt spends more than it takes in.  It mortgages the overspending.  All new administrations spend new money on new programs.  They face obstacles when trying to cut wasteful spending from prior administrations that were implemented to buy votes.

Certain crises often have to be dealt with by new Presidents that require spending as well.  Trump had to deal with the illegal immigration issue to start with.  Then Congress blocked anything he needed money for unless they got a lot of pork payments in exchange.  Nothing would have gotten done without bending to extortion.  

As far as progress goes, here's a link to things Trump has made a lot of progress on:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/exclusive-trump-list-shows-319-results-and-promises-kept-in-three-years

The tax breaks were across the board and benefit the middle class far more than the rich.

Those are lame, mediocre justifications.  Trump has cut programs and staff.  As for tax breaks, Jeff Bezos pays less taxes than I do.  If Trump actually was a Republican he would focus on cutting spending.  He got the smaller government part right, but why does it cost more?  Pay more and get less?  No thanks.  I wish he had stuck with reality TV instead of bringing his brand of BS to the national stage.