The natives are getting restless

24 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Do any of you lefties actually work or do you all live off of govt assistance?

BURN! You might have a career in insult comedy Rattler, good one!

I'm out there every day marching among the general population and talking to everyone who will listen.  Many people are listening.

The doorways in your house must be humongous to fit you and your ego through :)

BAM! Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week :)

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Is 98% survivability the new spin on 2% mortality? That's clever, nicely done.

Let's compare traffic fatality rates since you want to use that as an example. Traffic fatalities are 1.42 per 10,000. That's a .000142 mortality rate or a 99.999% survival rate.

https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/motor-vehicle/historical-fatality-trends/deaths-and-rates/

Risk vs reward.  Exactly what I'm talking about. 

Do you know whenever the speed limit is increased, traffic engineers calculate what the expected rise in fatalities will be?  They make a call to go or not go based on "acceptable" levels of mortality from the increase.  Does that make them cold killers and apathetic monsters?  Do you think these mortality rates aren't looked at all the time?

If most Americans have already had the virus and didn't know it, have antibodies showing they have had it, get it and don't react to it, or never get it, the real rate may be far lower than 2%.  That rate is figured on how many have tested positve vs how many supposedly died from it.  The numbers are far from certain.

Based on the fact we know there will be some deaths, what is your proposed re-opening strategy for the country, or are you saying there should not be one?

3 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

BURN! You might have a career in insult comedy Rattler, good one!

The doorways in your house must be humongous to fit you and your ego through :)

BAM! Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week :)

Don't quit your day job Split.

Oops, my bad.  You already did!  LOL!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

I did know that Rattler. Do you know what 10% of .00014% is? Hint, it's not very much...

I don't have a reopening strategy, I recognize that and will trust experts who know what they are talking about. Wanna guess who I don't view as "an expert" on this? You get 2 guesses...

Medical "experts", or economists?

Just to point out as well Rattler if the respected scientific consensus, economic and medical, came out tomorrow and said to open 'er back up, I'd trust them, mainly because they have access to a lot more facts and a much better abilities in interpreting them than I do. 

10 minutes ago, Rattler said:

You almost got me there Rattler. At first this looked like a general Senate survey, but it's actually for Republican Senator Askshar. I thought the questions were very leading. It says it right at the top, but I scrolled right past it.

That's no way to run a survey. Kind of like "If you had to choose between voting for Trump and killing your Grandma, would you vote for Trump or kill your grandma?"

Anyways, it'd just be a bunch of " I don't know" answers for me. He's not my senator anyways.

20 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

You almost got me there Rattler. At first this looked like a general Senate survey, but it's actually for Republican Senator Askshar. I thought the questions were very leading. It says it right at the top, but I scrolled right past it.

That's no way to run a survey. Kind of like "If you had to choose between voting for Trump and killing your Grandma, would you vote for Trump or kill your grandma?"

Anyways, it'd just be a bunch of " I don't know" answers for me. He's not my senator anyways.

You missed the part that said you can pick your own Senator.   You let your bias blind you.  This is why you miss so much in life.

14 minutes ago, left field said:

But the economy ...

https://nypost.com/2020/04/20/5-year-old-daughter-of-detroit-first-responders-dies-of-coronavirus/

The 5-year-old daughter of two first responders has died in Michigan after a coronavirus infection left her likely brain-dead on a ventilator, her family says.

What's your re-opening strategy Lefty?  Or is the unemployment check more than you make working?

50 minutes ago, Rattler said:

What's your re-opening strategy Lefty?  Or is the unemployment check more than you make working?

I just got off the phone with a dear friend in the city who is fighting the infection. She is terrified and alone, so I have little patience in debating a witless wonder like you.

The fact that you can’t muster up a moment of sympathy for this five-year-old girl, her parents, or acknowledge the severity of the situation and (my point) that we not close to being free, but instead use it to attack people or their politics shows what a contemptible asshole you are. I’m not sure if you’ve always been this way or this is your response to the tragedy, but it may be time to reassess what you believe, what is of value, and what important. 

Good luck with that. 

• Like 1

Lefty, what you will never be able to comprehend is, I look for solutions.  I understand the situation far better than you do in my opinion.  You want to wallow in self pity.  I want this situation resolved.  That's what's important.  That's what has value.  If that makes me an asshole in your mind, I'll consider that a compliment.

Crying won't fix a damn thing, but keep crying if you think it does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, left field said:

I just got off the phone with a dear friend in the city who is fighting the infection. She is terrified and alone, so I have little patience in debating a witless wonder like you.

The fact that you can’t muster up a moment of sympathy for this five-year-old girl, her parents, or acknowledge the severity of the situation and (my point) that we not close to being free, but instead use it to attack people or their politics shows what a contemptible asshole you are. I’m not sure if you’ve always been this way or this is your response to the tragedy, but it may be time to reassess what you believe, what is of value, and what important. 

Good luck with that. 

He has no sympathy whats so ever. These are all acceptable losses in his eyes

25 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Lefty, what you will never be able to comprehend is, I look for solutions.  I understand the situation far better than you do in my opinion.  You want to wallow in self pity.  I want this situation resolved.  That's what's important.  That's what has value.  If that makes me an asshole in your mind, I'll consider that a compliment.

Crying won't fix a damn thing, but keep crying if you think it does.

You honestly dont understand it better at all. Its easy to see that when you put quotatian marks next to experts when you said edical experts. Lets not trust the people who have devoted their life to the study of medicine, but instead listen to people who probably couldnt pass college biology. That should go over really well during a pandemic. 

Its all fine and dandy to come up with ideas to strengthen the economy during this and after this is over, but you really arent doing any of that are you?And anyone who disagrees with you is a lefty, meanwhile im a registered republican. If you would have started off by ackknowledging the severity of this instead of blowing it off as a "98%" survival rate, you'd have more people listening.

Most medical people readily admit they don't really have a clue.  That's why "experts" is in quotes.  They "practice" medicine.  Get it?

A man who's tag is "Left Field" is Lefty to me.

It won't do a damn bit of good to come up with ideas to "strengthen" the economy after we have killed it.  It will be dead.  I'm trying to get dolts to realize that.

None of you want to acknowledge the severity of a pending depression.  That proves you're not just not listening, you're obstinate.  Therefore, you aren't being ignored, you're insignificant.

As for sympathy, I'm a man of faith.  I believe in the afterlife.  I do not fear death, nor do I pity the dead.  Faith tells me they are in a better place than I am, and considering what a world of crap we are in right now, I think that has never been more true.  The people who will need to live through an avoidable depression are the one's we should consider crying for, because they will be praying for a good death.  If you guys were capable of extrapolation based on current events, you would realize you are going to see more untimely deaths than you imagine if we don't get things back on track as soon as possible.

You weep for today's victims.  I'll concentrate on preventing tomorrow's.  Time will tell who understood this situation better. 

6 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Most medical people readily admit they don't really have a clue.  That's why "experts" is in quotes.  They "practice" medicine.  Get it?

A man who's tag is "Left Field" is Lefty to me.

It won't do a damn bit of good to come up with ideas to "strengthen" the economy after we have killed it.  It will be dead.  I'm trying to get dolts to realize that.

None of you want to acknowledge the severity of a pending depression.  That proves you're not just not listening, you're obstinate.  Therefore, you aren't being ignored, you're insignificant.

As for sympathy, I'm a man of faith.  I believe in the afterlife.  I do not fear death, nor do I pity the dead.  Faith tells me they are in a better place than I am, and considering what a world of crap we are in right now, I think that has never been more true.  The people who will need to live through an avoidable depression are the one's we should consider crying for, because they will be praying for a good death.  If you guys were capable of extrapolation based on current events, you would realize you are going to see more untimely deaths than you imagine if we don't get things back on track as soon as possible.

You weep for today's victims.  I'll concentrate on preventing tomorrow's.  Time will tell who understood this situation better. 

Only thing I get is you have zero clue what you're talking about. You're idea is to pretty much ignore it and who ever dies was bound to die. Thats you "preventing tomorrows victim" right? If everyone who can die from this dies, there will be no more victims right? I know you don't see how rediculous that sounds, but others on here obviously do. You might not care about other people lives, but there are others on here and in this world that do. How many times did I say this is not good for the economy? I havent ignored it, im just not ignoring the more pressing issue of a pandemic. Go ahead and call me insignificant or obstinate, it really doesnt matter. You're literally the one who cares about nothing other than what you're saying. Not understanding what we're all trying to say. You're being a hypocrite. And no one is saying we dont have to figure out the economy, but having an f it attitude is not the way to go about it. Please continue though, you're only making it easier to show you have one track mind.