I am Not A Cuomo Fan But....

11 minutes ago, Chef said:

Let me ask you this, the governor has basically said on or about may 15th he will slowly start to open certain types of businesses like the ones you described. If it was in your hands to control the fact that thousands might die don’t you think you would take the safer route too?

We are going to open, we are going to survive. Things will get better we just have to be smart about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that if you and I where to sit down over a beer or a tall glass of Whisky we would agree on a lot about this particular situation. At this point we are disagreeing on May 15th which is 11 business days. I wish our politicians only disagree on such a small thing! 

• Like 1

Let me ask you this, the governor has basically said on or about may 15th he will slowly start to open certain types of businesses like the ones you described. If it was in your hands to control the fact that thousands might die don’t you think you would take the safer route too?

We are going to open, we are going to survive. Things will get better we just have to be smart about it.

I’d have never done this essential / non-essential workers thing. Work safely/ can’t work safely is a better designation and would have kept a lot more people employed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

I have a feeling that if you and I where to sit down over a beer or a tall glass of Whisky we would agree on a lot about this particular situation. At this point we are disagreeing on May 15th which is 11 business days. I wish our politicians only disagree on such a small thing! 

I also think if we sat down and had a beer we would wind up being pretty good friends! I hope I don’t come off as combative. I happen to live in rockland county which if you look it up has the highest cases per capita in the state and I know a lot of people that have gotten very sick. I am sure location plays into our difference of opinion.

I’d have never done this essential / non-essential workers thing. Work safely/ can’t work safely is a better designation and would have kept a lot more people employed

I don’t disagree there and I actually think they need to implement that into a plan to reopen. The sad part is a lot of our food plants can’t work safely at even close to 100% capacity.

• Like 1

I also think if we sat down and had a beer we would wind up being pretty good friends! I hope I don’t come off as combative. I happen to live in rockland county which if you look it up has the highest cases per capita in the state and I know a lot of people that have gotten very sick. I am sure location plays into our difference of opinion.

Nope. Not combative at all and I get your perspective is coming from a hard hit area. I listen to Jim and Sam on Sirius XM and they are out of NYC and they have a similar tone as you do.
I’m in Erie county and as far as WNY goes I believe it is the hardest hit county which makes sense because of the population density but it’s still nothing compared to the eastern portion of the state which is why we might be a little more anxious to get things moving and open.

Nope. Not combative at all and I get your perspective is coming from a hard hit area. I listen to Jim and Sam on Sirius XM and they are out of NYC and they have a similar tone as you do.
I’m in Erie county and as far as WNY goes I believe it is the hardest hit county which makes sense because of the population density but it’s still nothing compared to the eastern portion of the state which is why we might be a little more anxious to get things moving and open.

So my one point/question to you is this. If you start to open and cases and deaths rise dramatically do you shut down again. If we are forced to shut down again what does that do for consumer confidence and can we recover from that economically at all.

Is it not just better to make sure we do it once and do it right

So my one point/question to you is this. If you start to open and cases and deaths rise dramatically do you shut down again. If we are forced to shut down again what does that do for consumer confidence and can we recover from that economically at all.

Is it not just better to make sure we do it once and do it right

Yes. If things start to open and cases and deaths go up you shut it down again.

It would absolutely suck to be wrong and have that happen but it’s also going to suck to watch people lose jobs,businesses and savings. I’m fortunate enough to not be in that category as my job is not going anywhere but I really feel for those who are.

I’m afraid we are already at the point that people are worried about recovering economically from this.

To sound cheesy and patriotic at the same time this is America if we can’t even try than what have we become?

• Like 2

I don’t disagree there and I actually think they need to implement that into a plan to reopen. The sad part is a lot of our food plants can’t work safely at even close to 100% capacity.

We had to suspend the lone item I have in BJs because it requires to people to band and box it, close together

We had to suspend the lone item I have in BJs because it requires to people to band and box it, close together

Damn FAKE CRABS! Luckily I got your back at the Wegmans!

Call Me The Teflon Don

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Yes. If things start to open and cases and deaths go up you shut it down again.

And that's the fear because if you open it up too early and it spikes back up then we're looking at another 2 months in the hole.  I rather play it safe.  Better to suck it up for another 2 weeks because I certainly don't want to have to deal with another 2 months.

• Like 1

And that's the fear because if you open it up too early and it spikes back up then we're looking at another 2 months in the hole.  I rather play it safe.  Better to suck it up for another 2 weeks because I certainly don't want to have to deal with another 2 months.

And my fear is that it won’t be just 2 more weeks but we shall find out sometime this week.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, left field said:

Worth a read. Hokkaido reopened, cases spiked again, closed back up.

https://time.com/5826918/hokkaido-coronavirus-lockdown/

Interestingly, they report no deaths.  Their total number of initially infected was only in the mid 250's or so if I recall what I read, and increased to less than 500.  It seems like a big increase if you use a percentage to indicate it, but it is only about 250 more people.  Nothing mentioned about the severity of the cases, be they serious or mild, and nothing mentioned about even one single death there from the beginning.  Sounds like keeping high risk people in lock down would be enough to keep people from dying and allowing others to develop anti bodies would end it faster.

And my fear is that it won’t be just 2 more weeks but we shall find out sometime this week.

It won’t be fully open in two weeks you can bet your life on that. Restaurants, bars, gyms, places people Congregate will remain closed. People who can work from home will. That being said we will start to see the wheels of progress turn.

Interestingly, they report no deaths.  Their total number of initially infected was only in the mid 250's or so if I recall what I read, and increased to less than 500.  It seems like a big increase if you use a percentage to indicate it, but it is only about 250 more people.  Nothing mentioned about the severity of the cases, be they serious or mild, and nothing mentioned about even one single death there from the beginning.  Sounds like keeping high risk people in lock down would be enough to keep people from dying and allowing others to develop anti bodies would end it faster.

Let me ask you a question what qualifies your opinion? What advanced degrees in medicine do you have? Or economics? You claim that the risky way is the best yet really bring nothing to the table to back it up other than right wing half Nazi publications and Rhetoric

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

It won’t be fully open in two weeks you can bet your life on that. Restaurants, bars, gyms, places people Congregate will remain closed. People who can work from home will. That being said we will start to see the wheels of progress turn.

Correct wont be fully open in 2 weeks, Hey look at that we are agreeing again! 

I hope that in 2 weeks things start to move even if it's slowly which it should, my worry is Cuomo will announce this week that NY Pause as is will be extended until June 1st.

• Like 2

Correct wont be fully open in 2 weeks, Hey look at that we are agreeing again! 
I hope that in 2 weeks things start to move even if it's slowly which it should, my worry is Cuomo will announce this week that NY Pause as is will be extended until June 1st.

I don’t think fully, I think the north country and finger lakes and maybe southern tier minus Binghamton will slowly start to move . I know it’s not what you want but it’s a safe start

17 hours ago, Moho81 said:

2 weeks is a long time when you consider most of the state has been shut down for like 6. That's a 1/3 of what we've already gone through. There does appear to be a strong correlation with temp and weather, and while it's still too f'n cold here. I'd like to see them let a few businesses open next week with some of the same rules other states are following.

Or in the very least let us open regionally in parts of the state where we don't have the issues NYC does.

• Like 1