Just Wondering what everyone is seeing???

shooter

Missed a monster 6 sunday, and a coyote... Damn tree jumped in my way when i was shooting the buck. The size of my thumb. :angry:

Being that i just now seen this makes me think i might should have shot that 6 i had 80 yards out.But i hope i get his father instead!!Good luck man and get than damm dog im sick of hearing about peoples hunt get messed up by a dam dog!!

• Like 1

Being that i just now seen this makes me think i might should have shot that 6 i had 80 yards out.But i hope i get his father instead!!Good luck man and get than damm dog im sick of hearing about peoples hunt get messed up by a dam dog!!

shot a coyote the other day. went out the next day to a different stand again saw 2 more, then again last night i saw another, andddd my buddy who hunts land a stones throw from mine had 2 grey fox. but yet i see the deer routinely, just not when im in my stand haha

I was seeing decent daytime activity, hunting and especially with trailcams, UNTIL earlier this week. Zero, zippo, nadda on any (cams or hunting) daytime activity! I hunt alot. Been out 21 times, on one property or another, and the season has only been open for 20 days so far. Maybe the lack of daytime activity has to do with the upcoming full moon next week or maybe it's just the calm before the storm? You would think that at least the young immature bucks that are just itching to get out there and tear into a doe for the first time would be on the move, looking for love.

I'm seeing bucks chasing does, pic.s of nice bucks my buddies killed, emails from guys watching bucks on the prowel mid day.

i don't know what moon phase were in what C.Alsheimer says, I just know i filled my freezer with doe meat couple weeks ago and the bucks have been moving a lot since oct. 31

Edited by Larry302

I was up in Chenango on opening weekend and except for a flock of turkeys (missed one with my recurve) saw nothing.

Was just up thrusday the 3rd and friday the 4th and again not even a whiff of a deer. Coming up from long island through northern jersey all the way up route 17 i only saw 3 road kill bucks and 2 of them were in the suburbs of new jersey near Mahwah.

Had my trail cam out over my little woodland plot and was getting pics of five or six different does (no bucks since august) and turkeys galore from 11 am through the end of the day and while im up there the 3rd and the 4th a big goose egg ...except for some grouse, a grey fox and a pileated woodpecker.

Whoever said hunting over these small kill plots is like baiting is crazy.

Sucks that i'm done for bow this year. Next weekend off of hunting hanging with wife and kids. But then its break out the bang stick for some redemption.

Amazing what 1 week during this time of year can do to activity :) I have not been out at all this week due to work although owning your own buisness has its perks from time to time when it comes to taking time off of hunting this week unfortunatly was not one of them!! lol anywho the reports I am getting in over the past 2 days has been awesome. Lots of deer activity as well as bone on the ground!! Good luck to all my next day in the woods is monday all day!!

I've had a few opportunities for shots so far this year. I was lucky enough to take a doe on Oct 30th. I've had legitimate shots at 2 four pointers and a six. I'm kinda picky though and when it comes to horns though, I put a limit of 8 points on my bucks. I think if more people could get into this habit we would all have better seasons in 2 or three years. But I also understand that any deer with a bow is a trophy so I'll never criticize anyone for shooting a young buck. I do love venison so I'm as happy with a doe as I am with a buck. All in all I've seen a few deer this year. Not as many as some years but not bad. I hunt in 4j, 4b and a few in district 7.

Missed an opportunity at the big man on campus rompin around the neighborhood. Was in a stand I didn't particularly want to be in, sat down at 230 and had to go to a wedding reception, so six o'clock rolls around I haven't seen a thing figure id better head in so I'm not rediculously late to the reception (started at 5). Step out in the field I'm hunting and make sure there's no deer, took five steps and a doe jumped out the woodline my stand was in 80 yds away followed by 2 fawns. Then I hear a grunt and now I'm really mad. Out jumps the 8 everyones been talkin about. Now I'm. Extremely mad. He got about 45 yds in front of me then walked into the woodline because the doe took off and he was oblivious as to where I was but new something was up. I collected myself and walked home kicking myself the entire way. If only I had sat in my stand for no more than 5 more mins I would undoubtedly have had a shot at him.

Well it made for a good story and motivates me to wake up every morning. Thought for sure he was gone its been weeks since I last saw him. And when I did see him he was standing in a shooting lane 20 yds or less from a stand I can see from my back porch. Couldn't hunt that day I was coked up on hydros from surgery hahaha his antlers were ginormous that day

I got squat during the day now, whereas opening week I was seeing some of the littler boys in the morning and at night. These 75 degree days with full moon at night are killing me.

Trail camera's have gone BANANAS though at night, especially between 11pm and 2am, big boys are cruising, looking for love in all the wrong (not my stands during daylight) places.

Was out yesterday afternoon saw 2 does in a hurry to get some place, then 20 min later saw another doe followed by a decent 6 pt on her tail. Went out today did the mid-day hunt sat from 9-1. it was dead calm and warm. bugs were horrible!! didnt see anything however checked trail cam which is in next tree over and had 120 pics since last weekend bunch of does and smaller bucks. almost all movement were daytime pics!! early-mid morning and mid afternoon. things are looking good :)

I personaly think the rut is later i normally see lots of bucks moving but its normally a lot colder by now!!

I think you are right, things are very quiet in my area too. But I have read other comments where they are seeing lots of activity.

Yea i would love to belive all these people that say they are passes 8's waiting for bigger..lmao,,i say were the pic of deer down..were getting deep into the season its not time to pass on a freakin big 8 point..but i think once the cold kicks in a lil more maybe another 10-15 days and my area should be crawling!!

I have rut confirmation in 7j.

Three evenings ago I watched a nice-bodied 6 make a new rub line...

Today he chased a doe out of my lane, then I called in another nice-bodied 4 point, he hung 25 yards out in front of me behind some trees for 20 minutes until another hot doe came up...he slowly followed her inside 20 yards from me, but no clear shots.

Rut is on for sure here, my wife and I are heading to nyc for Friday night so I am out of the woods for two days, I am jealous of all you guys who will be out!

I must say, this year so far I have done about 8 hunts. One all day sit, and the rest split up between morning and afternoon hunts. My hunting grounds are in 3H. I have only seen one small doe that I kicked up walking to my stand on an afternoon hunt. Gotta stay positive with the colder weather here!!! Nothing is worse for your hunt than sitting in a stand with no confidence. Im sure the deer should start moving more.

I hunt 3H also, i swear ive seen a 10 pointer off 17 at night. i also saw 2 or 3 spikes near my property.