new acquired toy

bubba

bear with me this gets complicated. My neighbor was is also my ex mother in law passed away on the third. Long story short, we were still close and I did a lot for her as her heatlh got worse. At 67 she was way too young but 50 years of cigarette smoking takes its toll. Anyway, my father in law passed away 5 years ago. I had purchased him a couple muzzleloaders in the past, and she gave them back to me a couple years ago. One was an H&R sidkick I finally shot a deer with tis fall and a cva staghorn. I kept the H&R and gave the cva to my nephew who is his grandson. I got him (my Father in law) started in muzzleloading, and he and I built a couple kits together. Her son came knocking on my door tonight. This would be my brother in law in the past. He had one of the sidelock kits we built. A t/c renegade 54 caliber and wanted me to have it. I did my best to turn him down, but he had papers my father in law had wrote out before he died and it was stated he wanted me to have the renegade. The gun is pristine. So I proudly put it in the safe. I just ordered some 54 cal supplies and hope to use it for late season in December if I can get it sighted in. It has a tang peep site on it. I will post pics when I get my camera back from camp, or when I take the gun to camp lol. It meant a lot to me.

the doe I shot during muzzleloading this fall was with an H&R sidekick I bought for my fil befoere he passed away. My mil gave it back to me and first time in the stand within a half hour I shot a deer. Cant wait to use thi one duting late ml season