scope advice

tughillhunter

If you got that Redfield at the same time you you got your gun, then you want to keep it. Back in 74 redfield was still a top of the line scope. I have for (4) Redfield scopes and are as clear as the day I got them.. I don't know which scope you have, but I know you will not be happy with any of the new ones when you compare them to an older Redfield. I have a Leupold at is one of there top of the line scopes and paid some good bucks for it and don't like it when comparing it my Redfields.All of my Redfield were gotten in the late 60 s and earty 70 s.

it is a great scope, unfortunately, it was bought 5 or 6 years before i was born, lol. I just thought of getting something a lil more modern.

someone mentioned a buckmaster to me, but i didnt know who manufactured them... heard good things about them too

Its a nikon and ive tryed other scpes like i said this is my third one on tis gun and thats becasue im picky i want a good product and i love this scope im getting a 243 soon ans i will be another one of these scopes..Google it they have great reveiws from everyone i couldnt find one bad thing about it and it has a lifetime warranty!!Cant go wrong with the upgrade reticle its the best scope i ever had!!

Exactly, a Nikon Monarch UCC (top of the line) 3-9x40 at Dicks is under $350.

I'm pretty sure that Dick's had the 3x9x40 Monarch on sale for $199 which is a good deal for a great scope. I have 3 Monarchs and won't buy any other scope. I like to use rings that use torx screws instead of regular screws on my scopes. Leupold makes great rings.

I have a vx2 on a rem 740 auto .280 its great. I broke a tasco and a bushnell just target shooting I got the vx2 from cabelas for 199 money well spent. I have shot my friends gun with a nikon at targets and like it too. I guess it comes down to what you wanna spend, I think leupold and nikon are both well made. I only have experience with the leup and I would definitely buy another.

I read this imformation in an article by John Barnsness a few years ago, so it may no longer be true..

According to that article at the time it was written, Leupold was American made EXCEPT for the glass, which they bought from anyone who could meet thier specs.

Burris, on the other hand was entirely American made, including the glass... At that time Burris was the only scope that was 100% American made.

That's just for converstaion sake, and may no longer be the case.

My burris fullfield ll has a sticker that say made in the phillippens. My vortex is made is th US.