First Buck to Remember!!!

peas247

My buddy has been hunting with me for about 7 years now. Poor kid has always had lousy luck with seeing bucks. This year i finally got him to start bowhunting with me after years of himmin and hawwin about it. He finally got to see a couple basket racks up close and he's now hooked. After a horrible opening day for us and only seeing a few deer and only taking a doe, ( quietest opener in a long time ) we woke up to a crummy morning today. but we got up and headed out reguardless in 30+mph winds, 58 degrees and rain showers. 7:45 A.M this dandy stepped out 100 yards to his left on a gasline and thats all she wrote. he stacked him on the spot with the.270. Needless to say he was absoultly thrilled and pumped beyond belief! We were so close to sleeping in, but in the end it paid off huge for him!!! Sure is a hell of a nice buck. 11pt 170lbs dressed...

post-713-0-74825400-1321838092_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Seems like alot of good things were happening in section 9 this weekend. Both my brothers hunted two different spots in 9 and both had multiple big buck sightings.

its just startin to happen here...that deers neck was swollen up big with a bunch of fresh green shaven's in the rack. same with a few big boys @ the butcher too. all the locals that we know are just startin to see the bigguns. there finally start to show up!! this week could be awesome if thats the truth. were headin back out wednesday night thru sunday so will see what happens