Fletch in The Field

Fletch

I only hunted a few afternoons over the last few days. I jumped a couple one day. I am tagged out in my private spots and public local is wearing out on me lol. Yesterday I had a whole family 30 minutes before last light hiking all over by me screaming, crying, Don't get me wrong I am glad they are out enjoying nature and life. It's just I thought I moved far enough of the beaten path to miss most of that. The day before I had two mountain bikers lol.

Maybe snow on one of the next two mornings for a bit....

The past week was no big surprise. Low sightings after the initial pumpkin blast. Saw one buck but I'm doe only and no shot anyway. Jumped a couple here and there. I plan to get out the next few mornings.

I would really like to knock down one more doe to top off the freezer or two to share as my hunting buddies general suck at shooting deer lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after 2 more weeks of seeing zero deer from the stand I finally persisted long enough! With the really cold temps I had put a couple morning sits in the tower with no luck so Friday I decided to get into work early and get out in the tower for the PM sit. I have history of does late in the season when it is cold with snow down sooner or later coming outa the bedding area on the neighbors and sneaking across the back line of my property occasionally before dark. I missed a nice doe there late last year and took one the year prior. I got up in the tower and had the Heater Buddy kickin. It was about 26 out and I did not even have my outer coat on. Pretty slow until 4:15 when I see a deer coming across from the bedding area. It was a doe and a fawn. She gave me a good shot at about 70 yards and we made a cloud of smoke. When that cleared she was laying where she had stood. Nice doe. Not as big as the last but 110 dressed. Nice easy drag in the snow. Its' been a good season. 

• Like 1

Well that is a wrap! It ended up a pretty good season. I hunted more during bow than ever, thanks Corona! I ended up with 4 deer and the group 7. My brother, brother in law and nephew each got one. We took 3 off my prop, 3 outa the hole and one on state. We really did not have any big buck sightings. I had a bunch of 2.5s and a 3.5 on cam but nothing bigger this year. We will be seriously looking for property to lease or possibly even to buy, but most likely lease. I don't care to give NY more tax money to blow.  

I've got a few projects. Need to pull 3 stands outa the Hole and one off state. Need to figure out how to plant the small field next to the tower in turnips and such without any equipment! Need to hit Costanza's in the next couple of weeks! I have a couple new firearms that I have my eye on as well as I think it is time to pick up a new bow for next year. I feel the need for some new toys lol.

Hope you all have a Happy Holiday Season!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Good season Fletch and good luck on the new dirt. I will keep my eye out for you too if I come across something that might interest you that I can't swing or is closer to your area.

Super! I will keep you posted if I see anything interesting as well.