Massive buck...

WNY Bowhunter

nyantler is just being sarcastic...

I can understand that. But, having said that, there certainly seems to be a division between meat hunters, and those who opt for bigger deer. I can't figure that out. I would think that we're all deer hunters, not of one group, or another. To each their own, I guess.

I can understand that. But, having said that, there certainly seems to be a division between meat hunters, and those who opt for bigger deer. I can't figure that out. I would think that we're all deer hunters, not of one group, or another. To each their own, I guess.

As long as everything is done within context of the state game laws...I agree.

That was exactly my point.. it was sarcasm and there is a division between meat hunters and guys that like bigger bucks.. the meat hunters don't like us much... I am a meat hunter as well I just happen to shoot does for meat and bucks for antlers... I don't use meat hunting as a way to justify the type of deer I take.. venison is not that hard to come by if your family is going hungry... I don't think that licensed hunters are in a position where they are in dire need of venison to sustain their families life... so it is a poor excuse for killing a deer that you say you wouldn't have take otherwise... and tagging it with a payed for tag ... when you could have used the license money to buy food for your family... then attack the antler hunters because you feel bad about the small buck you shot... but anyway.. how about the size of that buck?? He's a beauty!!

Edited by nyantler

That was exactly my point.. it was sarcasm and there is a division between meat hunters and guys that like bigger bucks.. the meat hunters don't like us much... I am a meat hunter as well I just happen to shoot does for meat and bucks for antlers... I don't use meat hunting as a way to justify the type of deer I take.. venison is not that hard to come by if your family is going hungry... I don't think that licensed hunters are in a position where they are in dire need of venison to sustain their families life... so it is a poor excuse for killing a deer that you say you wouldn't have take otherwise... and tagging it with a payed for tag ... when you could have used the license money to buy food for your family... then attack the antler hunters because you feel bad about the small buck you shot... but anyway.. how about the size of that buck?? He's a beauty!!

Was that a personal attack on me? I've dealt with far worse in my life. I'm NOT impressed. I don't attack anyone's hunting ways or means. If I paid for my license, with my own money, I'm damn sure going to use it the way I need to, as long as it's within the law. Until someone pays for my license, which I hardly doubt, then they need to worry about themselves. I don't feel bad about the buck I shot, and quite frankly, I couldn't give a rat's a$$ what you think. As I said, I'm NOT impressed.

Edited by 13BVET

By the way, where in the hell is Kirksville? Poughkeepsie is well known, because of it's shootings, but Kirksville??? Don't get me wrong-I don't condone the crime of course, but I've never heard of Kirksville.

Edited by 13BVET

Alright. This is getting asinine. I'm not on here to argue with people. I'm on here to enjoy discussing deer hunting, which, unfortunately, seems to get out of hand, it seems. You hunt what you want, and I hunt what I want. There's no way anybody is going to change their methods. By the same token, however, I bow down to noone.

I think he's every bit of 150...long G1's, 2's, 3's, heavy mass and very symmetrical. Kinda short of his G4's but who cares!!! As is usually the case, a few pics. doesn't do him justice. Actually, just stopped by to throw the tape on him and the head is already as the taxidermist.

let me know if ya can what it doesmeasure Im not on here to fight or make enemies Im sure that deer isnt in the 150s close but not in the 150s lower end of 140 I bet ya again regard less good deer let me/ us know what it gross's if ya can Thanks somuch

Was that a personal attack on me? I've dealt with far worse in my life. I'm NOT impressed. I don't attack anyone's hunting ways or means. If I paid for my license, with my own money, I'm damn sure going to use it the way I need to, as long as it's within the law. Until someone pays for my license, which I hardly doubt, then they need to worry about themselves. I don't feel bad about the buck I shot, and quite frankly, I couldn't give a rat's a$$ what you think. As I said, I'm NOT impressed.

not an attack at all.. I was just responding to the meat hunter part.. I actually agree with what you said..

let me know if ya can what it doesmeasure Im not on here to fight or make enemies Im sure that deer isnt in the 150s close but not in the 150s lower end of 140 I bet ya again regard less good deer let me/ us know what it gross's if ya can Thanks somuch

I agree.. it's close, but I'm thinking he just falls short.. maybe if the g-4s were a tad longer he might make 150... but man that is a great buck.