36 Point Illinois Buck Taken Illegally 3 people on from Avon, NY

HectorBuckBuster

http://biggestwhitet...taken-illegally

Just seen this news. Opps meant to say 3 people charged 1 from Avon NY in title.

The Illinois Department Of Natural Resources issued a press release yesterday stating they have arrested 3 men after an 11 month investigation in a deer poaching case. The investigation focused on the illegal harvest of a 36 point non-typical whitetail deer which scored 261 5/8 and is valued at $35,000. Charges were filed after a thorough investigation with assistance from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources, Wyoming Game and Fish Department, Alberta Sustainable Resources Department, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Missouri Department of Conservation, and Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks.

The following individuals were cited on charges related to unlawfully taking a total of 24 deer in Illinois and Canada over a 10-year period. Specific charges were filed as follows:

Christopher Kiernan (age 45, of Minooka, IL)

11 counts of hunting without permission of landowner and being an accessory to the charge

19 counts of unlawful possession of illegally taken deer

5 counts of hunting with invalidated permit

5 counts of unlawfully taking of deer

2 counts of falsifying harvest records

1 count each of: Failure to report harvest on the same day as killed, Fail to tag deer as required

Garret Armstrong (age 31, of Avon, NY)

9 counts of hunting without permission of landowner and being an accessory to the charge

8 counts of hunting with an invalidated permit

4 counts of unlawful possession of illegally taken deer

2 counts of unlawfully taking of deer

1 count each: Failure to tag deer as required,

Failure to report harvest as required

Falsifying harvest record

Larry Smith (age 49, of Williamsburg, Ontario, Canada)

1 count each of the following:

Hunting without permission of landowner

Hunting with invalidated permit

Failure to tag deer as required

Unlawful possession of illegally taken deer

Unlawfully taking of deer

Failure to report harvest as required

Falsifying harvest record

Edited by HectorBuckBuster

From everything i've read, yes the deer is legit but was taken illegally and charges filed. That is unless you read the Elite forum which states the guy was fraimed, railroaded, part of some right wing bow industry conspiracy and will be cleared of all unfounded charges in a court of law.. We'll see.

• Like 1

I can't veiw the link for some reason but i very much doubt there is such thing as a 36 point buck,Now thats a picture i wouldn't even belive if i did see it!!

A deer can have as many points as its rack can make. Below is the Barnacle buck. It has 134 scoreable point. Barnacleism is thought to be a result of a testie or both being removed somehow causing the deers hormones to go crazy. Besides the Duppers made a song about shooting a 30 point buck so there has to be such a thing.

post-205-0-54429900-1323145456_thumb.jpg

Edited by erussell

And i could swear the pic above says"The deer is legit"...So I guess it's not me that needs to ,"slow my role"

The deer is legit, meaning its a real deer. If you cant understand what I was saying, I dont know what to tell you. You seem to be posting in alot of threads without apparently reading them first. There are two links to info on the deer in this thread, one of which is to another thread about the same deer on this site.