Which would you prefer??

Grizz1219

If ar's showed up, how many bad long shots will be taken at large deer potentially wounding them..how many super ultra aggressive pushes will be taking place , along with more line crossers, and most likely a bow season push starting..think these wont happen? Im assuming with a new ar in place more land owners will put the so to speak "foot" down and state land will fill up quite quickly with "homeless"hunters..

HUH?????????????????????????????

Where I hunt, the landowner has zero interest in AR's. He wants the deer controlled, plain and simple. If anything, AR's could feasibly create situations where landowners who want deer numbers controlled, would opt for more nuisance permits. I know that the person who owns the land where I hunt, wants one less deer on his property-not one more. He considers them to be nothing less than a scourge.

Edited by 13BVET

Where I hunt, the landowner has zero interest in AR's. He wants the deer controlled, plain and simple. If anything, AR's could feasibly create situations where landowners who want deer numbers controlled, would opt for more nuisance permits. I know that the person who owns the land where I hunt, wants one less deer on his property-not one more. He considers them to be nothing less than a scourge.

And he might get them. if the damage is occuring he may get them in numbers to control it. But, unless he has a nursery of orchard they will be doe only permits. I guess he has a right to

The farm I hunt has the same thinking... But crop damage tags are for does only I believe.. So AR's would still work with the farmer...

Same here, the farmers want them gone, period. ARs wont make a darn bit of difference to them. They might not like a 1 buck rule though.

Only so many doe can be taken, along with more buttons cause of inevitabillity..yahoos will be pushing harder and farther.

Availability of hunting locals will become an issue and if the ultimate goal is bigger and better headgear then i foresee a pecking order dictating your take: landowner and friends/and family get first dibs and whoever is left can pick up the scraps..so get your does mounted..unless its state land..then its every man for himself which in my head is a recipie for disaster..my uncle(whom owns the land here) has already stated without hesitation the non friends/family will get the boot if such regulations were to take place..im sure hes not the only 1

Pat, are you feeling ok today buddy? Or are you just trying to make 4 points at once?

State land is already every man for himself for the most part, so that wont change, and anyone that would put a pecking order in place is probably already doing that now as well. I just dont see there being many changes. Im not exactly pro-AR either.

• Like 1

I think the idea of not going to one idea or another based on someone else doing something illegal is wrong.. If you see or know of illegal activity, we need to report these people... period..

"The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing"