Gonna try something......

tughillhunter

im sure theres alot, something ill have to look into, but, in all my career, i have never had a weld fail. that i can gaurantee. Figured doc woud have something to say.

Look, I'm sorry I replied to your post. Not sure what your problem is, but if you didn't want any comments, you probably should have said so.

Honestly, my reaction was the same as Doc's. No one questioned your skill, what about the skills of the guy buying it. How are you going to weight test and rate it for safe sale. A lot has to be considered. Sure make one for yourself but,sales risk versus reward? You could make a few bucks and put your future on the line for it. Doc wasn't dissing you, just making sure you knew the consequences. My job is as risk manager so I think along risk vs. reward lines.

Edited by Suilleabhain

Actually if you're considering selling them... the liability should be a big concern... it's not a matter of how good your talents are... if some goofball buys one and doesn't install it correctly and falls out of it.. I promise.. you will be the one fighting off a law suit. I don't think Doc was trying to be negative.. just pointing out something that you might want to think about if your considering selling them to the public... that doesn't mean it's not a great idea... just something to think about.

I would probably just make them for myself. I had an idea about making bike racks for pop-up campers and selling them a few years back. I decided against it while looking into the liability laws and guidelines. It's not worth it unless you start a legit business with insurance, etc. I would highly recommend researching it before you end up losing everything due to one mistake or bad weld.

Bkln gave me an idea. How many guys have a stock stand that they would like to tune up. There are metal fabrictors down here that do custom work on boats. You could start your own line of custom add ons. Personally, stock gun and bow holders for treestands aren't that great. Custom box frames for stands in aluminum, drilled to take siding would be nice. A lot lighter than wood. Going custom might be an option.