Bought some land

Geno C

yup, im about 20 minutes from oneonta. hows the turkey hunting up there? i used to hunt in oneonta with my dad a very long time ago. i started going up with my dad when i was 5 up until i was 13. I do my gun hunting up in chemung county with my step dad since i was 16...

yup, im about 20 minutes from oneonta. hows the turkey hunting up there? i used to hunt in oneonta with my dad a very long time ago. i started going up with my dad when i was 5 up until i was 13. I do my gun hunting up in chemung county with my step dad since i was 16...

Congrats!

and our spot in Worcestor is fantastic for turkey hunting. My favorite in fact, too bad its so far from my house.

absolutely, soil test is key and the amount of lime and fert as well... what i was going to do was all annuals for the first few plantings, the biologic sudden impact is a perennial but ill try it anyway. I figured id till up the maximum or sudden impact in august or so and replant with either more maximum or another blend to take the food source through the winter months.

My first year I put in 2 clover plots and they have been my main year round food plots for the last 4 years, then I set aside another plot adjacent to my clover plot and thats where I put my annuals come late July.You can plant the clover in May -June and will start producing in time for bow and will continue to produce for years....If you plan on plowing a plot under, you may want to consider Buckwheat. You can plant the buckwheat then plow it under in late July and August and use it as a green manure, which would be great for the health of your annual planting. Just a thought.

Turkey hunting is hit or miss depending on the land, I'm in a heavy Ag area and there is no shortage of Turkey. I have Turkeys pretty reguarly on my property, there are some farms that I know close by where its not uncommon to see a hundred in fields during certain times of the year. In general our area has some of the highest turkey harvests in all of NY.

Congrats!

and our spot in Worcestor is fantastic for turkey hunting. My favorite in fact, too bad its so far from my house.

I have to agree Doe, I really enjoy Worcester for not only turkey, but the deer along with Rabbit, Grouse and predator hunting can be very enjoyable and successful. Just the whole area with its mountains and fields is really breathtaking. Close by In Deleware county is same with equal opportunities.

what county are you in Doe? and thank you..

Otsego aswell, I don't hunt there much because its not so good. It is good for a long day of still hunting as there is alot of room to wander but this spreads the deer out over a few miles. There are however some very nice bucks there and lots of turkeys, and even a bear or two now and as NYbow said a healthy small game population.

We need you to go up there like now......we want to see trailcam pics by tomorrow. :crazy:

When they got done building our cabin "shell", end of Feb and colder than a..it was lucky to see double digits in the afternoon weather. The wife and I made the 3hr 15min drive up to spend a weekend in it... because we just had to be there, no heat,no power,no nothing.We set a tent up,inside the place,cooked on a small Coleman.We insulated the walls,our first project. Damn,I'll never do that again,lol.Ahh hell,yes I would. Man your gonna want to spend every weekend there!

025-1.jpg

Edited by Single_shot
  • Like 1