Interesting Auction Site

13BVET

is this site legit??

and paypal is the best ways to send money via wire... this site almost seems like an ebay type thing. so i wouldnt assume they can just charge your card through the site. might be tomuch risk or liability in it for them?

So if I click the "bid" button do I win the auction and pay just pennies for the item? That cannot be possible to buy the item for just pennies.

NYDeere

its an auction, who knows what it will be when it ends... but whatever it ends for i would assume is what you pay but im sure your not the only one watching it. remember the more you bid the higher it gets so reserving a bid is smart until the end.

So if I click the "bid" button do I win the auction and pay just pennies for the item? That cannot be possible to buy the item for just pennies.

NYDeere

Of course, LOL! Just kidding of course! Just thought it was interesting.

is this site legit??

and paypal is the best ways to send money via wire... this site almost seems like an ebay type thing. so i wouldnt assume they can just charge your card through the site. might be tomuch risk or liability in it for them?

All indications are that it's 100% legit. Now, as for Paypal, they are well known for freezing accounts for no reason whatsoever, as numerous lawsuits, in which Paypal/eBay has lost all of them is a testament to their shady ways.

That's one of the drawbacks to these auction sites. Each "penny" is going to cost you .60 cents. I guess if you could possibly get, say, one of the $500 gift cards for 10 "pennies", then that wouldn't be too bad, as it would cost $6 in bids to win $500.

Each bid is x .60 cents. Each bid increases by a penny. I assume that is x .60 cents. By signing up, they can release your info to third parties. Read the terms and conditions very carefully.

To add to that.. you pay for each bid whether you win the bid or not.... so if you bid 10 times on an item and don't win the item you owe $6... more like gambling...lol

As long as you arent taking payment through PayPal, and just using it to pay for things, there are no charges to pay. If you are using it to take payment, just figure the 3% they take into the price you are asking.

I dont go to these pay per bid auction sites. Screw that. Id rather just buy from a private seller direct and pay a bit more.

re Penny Auctions Legit?

By Robert Sacameno

Ads by Google

Today $67.99 Toshiba HDTV QuiBids.com/Auctions Toshiba 46" LED HDTVs for 95% Off! Blowout Sale Today. Bid Now.

Top Penny Auction - #1 www.BidCactus.com/Closeout Save Up to 90% off Retail All Items In-Stock & Ready to Ship

Overstock iPads: $43.20 www.NoMoreRack.com/iPad New 32GB Apple iPads only $43.20 Limit 1 a Customer. Get Yours Now!

Many people are talking about the "penny auctions" that are dominating the online auction arena. These auctions are so amazing in their ability to provide huge discounts on lots of great items such as electronics, toys, gadgets and more. It is almost scary the amount of goods these sites are practically "giving away." It is leading many to wonder are these sites for real? What is the catch? Surely these have to be illegal right?

For those who haven't heard about penny auction sites or maybe aren't quite sure about exactly what they do and how they operate; allow me to share just a brief overview about penny auctions. The sites themselves are run by an owner or staff who sells new electronics, toys and other consumer goods at highly discounted prices. The items are listed on their site at different times throughout a day and users can bid on the items. Each auction has a set time that it runs; however, when a user bids on the item, the clock that is ticking down to zero jumps back up in time by a certain amount, usually 5 to 10 seconds. Every time the bid button is clicked the price for the item increases by a penny (one cent). Although, the cost for a user to click bid is usually $0.50 to $1.00, each time it is clicked. Bids are generally purchased on the site before a user begins bidding, however bids can be purchased during the bidding process as well. When there is only one bidder left, that person wins.

So it sounds simple right? It sounds almost too simple doesn't it? That is what many critics of penny auction sites have claimed too. Many people wonder how can a penny auction owner sell an iPad for $1.67 and not lose money. Obviously, a quick math procedure tells us that the cost of that iPad is $500 and it sells for $1.67 so they are losing $498.33 right? Well, not so fast. The ability for both the seller and the buyer to benefit is found in the amount of bids that are used to buy the item. For instance if an iPad sells for $35 and each time a bid was placed the price goes up by $0.01 then that means 3,500 bids were used on that item ($35/$0.01 = 3,500 bids). And if each bid cost the users $0.80 roughly then the site actually made $2800 (3,500 X $0.80 = $2,800).

So don't worry, the penny auction sites are legit and many are ready to provide great items at great prices. Now it should be noted that there have been some sites which have breached the code of conduct when it comes to honesty and integrity, but those sites that do so will not last because of negative word of mouth and loss of customers.

If you are leery about a particular site you plan on using be sure to check out reviews at one of two places, http://www.pennyauct...uction-reviews/ or you can also browse over to [."]http://www.gottohalv...-sites-review].

Robert Sacameno is a freelance writer and author. He is currently a guest blogger and public relations author for the penny auction site, GotToHalveIt.com. You can follow Robert on Twitter, @robertsacameno. Find more information about trustworthy penny auctions.

Edited by growalot