GUNOWNERS BEWARE OF NYC

NYC was bad enough under Giulianni, but even worse under Bloomberg.

http://www.theblaze....-having-permit/

well seeing that they broke the law, as bad as it may be...they still broke the law, NY, let alone NYC doesent recognize anyone elses permits, so if you get busted for having a handgun in your possession, then tough, you broke the law........and micro stamping?? that never did pass into law did it?

"well seeing that they broke the law, as bad as it may be...they still broke the law"

Just because a law is passed doesn't make it a just law. Look at the recent ruling of Washington D.C.'s decade old gun ban.

Last week a woman from out of state asked a NYC Police officer to hold her pistol before she entered the WTC Memorial because the sign said "no firearms allowed". She was subsequently arrested and had to post bail. Something that even the worst criminals charged with the same crime don't have to do. She was legally licensed in her state and was NOT in possession of an un-registered weapon. NYC's laws are going to far and trying to keep up with them is difficult at best. Laws of this nature should be passed to protect the law abiding from those with criminal intent. Not limit the freedoms of the righteous.

If you ever decided to drive down to Long Island (or from LI to upstate) to hunt you most likely will break NYC law. Why? Because NYC doesn't allow you to transport firearms through the city unless they are in a locked box. I don't know any hunters that actually lock up their firearms (with a lock) while on the drive up to hunt.

Just make sure you never get a flat tire on the Cross Bronx Expressway and a cop stops to help. Becuase if he sees your (un-locked) rifle case in your car you are going to jail.

"well seeing that they broke the law, as bad as it may be...they still broke the law"

Just because a law is passed doesn't make it a just law. Look at the recent ruling of Washington D.C.'s decade old gun ban.

Last week a woman from out of state asked a NYC Police officer to hold her pistol before she entered the WTC Memorial because the sign said "no firearms allowed". She was subsequently arrested and had to post bail. Something that even the worst criminals charged with the same crime don't have to do. She was legally licensed in her state and was NOT in possession of an un-registered weapon. NYC's laws are going to far and trying to keep up with them is difficult at best. Laws of this nature should be passed to protect the law abiding from those with criminal intent. Not limit the freedoms of the righteous.

If you ever decided to drive down to Long Island (or from LI to upstate) to hunt you most likely will break NYC law. Why? Because NYC doesn't allow you to transport firearms through the city unless they are in a locked box. I don't know any hunters that actually lock up their firearms (with a lock) while on the drive up to hunt.

Just make sure you never get a flat tire on the Cross Bronx Expressway and a cop stops to help. Becuase if he sees your (un-locked) rifle case in your car you are going to jail.

Just law or not, until it is struck down, you either abide by it or face the penalties.

now ya do, my guns are locked while in transit, they all have hard cases and stay locked till I reach where I'm headed, so now you know one :)

and the lady at the WTC WAS arrested for having an unregistered firearm..........it wasnt registered in NY, plain and simple. I've flown from the 4 airports in the area, jfk, lagaurdia(sp) white plains and newark, carrying my guns out to AZ each year, and while carrying the hard cases into the airport at any of them, I didnt get a second looks from any of the cops or TSA people.............cept one TSA guy saying " nice rig" when they opened the case to look at the gun :)

When you accept interpretation of the Constitution the way some see fit to portray it, then you don't deserve any rights. That's my opinion. The fact is, that none of these people they are arresting, didn't even attempt to hide the fact they had guns. Being arrested for an honest mistake is asinine at best. Here's an article about a former Marine, someone who served the real meaning of the Constitution, also being arrested for the same thing in the city. This is absolutely out of control. The mentality of "it is what it is", is exactly why our gun rights are going out the window.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/03/marine-faces-fifteen-years-behind-bars-for-unknowingly-violating-gun-law/

• Like 1

I agree with 13BVET. I am from NYC, lived here all my life. It would almost seem impossible to excercise the 2nd ammendment without someone hounding you for this permit, that license and payment for such. I understand that NYC is a big city, but is it really wise to disarm the honest, while the authorities can't even get crime under control?

The Marines case is very ironic. We'll give you a firearm as a marine and ask you to kill for your country. But take the uniform off and we won't trust you to carry a fireare around the country to defend yourself.

NYC law is unconstitutional, plain and simple.

Constitution of the United States "Article IV, section 2; The Citizens of each State SHALL BE ENTITLED to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

The majority of states in this country allow concealed carry.

I grew up in NYC and have been screwed by their ridiculous laws and would love to see them loosen up their restrictions as much as anyone. But barging in and saying you're laws are wrong so I'm going to completely ignore them and pretend they don't exist is not the way to fight it.

I should clarify, I am not saying you should ignore the law because it is unjust. I am saying that you shouldn't apply a punishment to those law abiding citizens unaware of the law. It goes without saying that laws must be promulgated once passed.

Edited by wooffer

If they plead their case, I hope the prosecutor will cut them a deal.

I was caught driving my brothers car once and it turned out he had a suspended registration he forgot to mention. Of course they throw such words as "up to a year in prison", suspension of license, etc and even the judge reiterated the severity of the matter. In the end, the prosecutor said if he pays a $50 fine and shows that the car is now in good standing, we'll let the whole thing slide. I walked out of there a little bit lighter in the pocket but a free man.

The mentality of "it is what it is", is exactly why our gun rights are going out the window.

Not true at all. Its the mentality of "I cant do anything to change it" that causes laws you dont agree with to stay in place. If you disagree with the law, do something besides complaining about it on the internet, and help get it sticken down.

Kind of ironic, that people can drive in New York with out state licenses, but can't carry in New York with out of state permits. I'm sorry, but this makes no sense to me. I know that when my elected representative does something I disagree with, I certainly voice my opinion. I have that right as a citizen. The double standard is crazy. It would seem that NYC has a discriminatory view point when it comes to gun owners, but not on anything that their personal agenda seems to agree with. Bloomberg is an idiot.

What also gets me, is that if this marine was still in umiform, he could carry without any permit, and there's nothing the city could do. There is no difference between a citizen, and a soldier. A citizen is a soldier, and soldier is a citizen. They are one and the same, hence the term "citizen soldier." Geez, and the idiot politicians can't figure out why so many people are leaving the state..........

Not true at all. Its the mentality of "I cant do anything to change it" that causes laws you dont agree with to stay in place. If you disagree with the law, do something besides complaining about it on the internet, and help get it sticken down.

I don't live in the liberal rats nest called NYC. So you're saying that the mentality of "I can't do anything to change it" is the way to go? My point is that if gun owners stuck together, they could do something to change it. Washington DC, is a prime example of that.

Tha analogy of a drivers license is an excellent example of states recognizing others states licenses. Unfortunaely (and I hate to say it) only the Feds have the authority to straighten out state to state issues like this, and that is never gonna happen.

Tha analogy of a drivers license is an excellent example of states recognizing others states licenses. Unfortunaely (and I hate to say it) only the Feds have the authority to straighten out state to state issues like this, and that is never gonna happen.

I agree. But the reality of it is, of course, that the Constitution is supposed to protect the rights of law abiding citizens. Of course, there's the usual double standard. Funny how some states impose insane gun laws, and the Feds don't get involved. Yet, when states impose illegal immigration laws-forget it! Also, if the right to own and bear arms were a state issue, then why in the hell is there a federal background check? I would think there would be a state background check on all firearms purchased.

One or two people walking around getting arrested isn't my idea of banning together. Joining the NRA and cast your vote like I did. Or form a mob of gun owners march into the court houses like the Black Panther did in 1967 to secure their gun rights.

13BVET, my brother is still active duty and works in the city for homeland security. He carrys while on the job but at the end of each day, he has to check in his firearms because he's not allowed to carry them in in public when off the clock. Ironic, yes. When he punches in, he walks around Port Authority, JFK et al, with an M4. If he punches out and goes back because he left something and carries a 22, he gets arrested. Uniform or not.

Edited by Elmo

I don't live in the liberal rats nest called NYC. So you're saying that the mentality of "I can't do anything to change it" is the way to go? My point is that if gun owners stuck together, they could do something to change it. Washington DC, is a prime example of that.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that.

The things you need to do about trying to change the laws consist of a lot more than just "raising hell" with your reps. I'm sure the group that was instrumental in getting the DC ban struck down did more than that. You don't have to be an NYC resident either, it is part of the state you live in.

One or two people walking around getting arrested isn't my idea of banning together. Joining the NRA and cast your vote like I did. Or form a mob of gun owners march into the court houses like the Black Panther did in 1967 to secure their gun rights.

13BVET, my brother is still active duty and works in the city for homeland security. He carrys while on the job but at the end of each day, he has to check in his firearms because he's not allowed to carry them in in public when off the clock. Ironic, yes. When he punches in, he walks around Port Authority, JFK et al, with an M4. If he punches out and goes back because he left something and carries a 22, he gets arrested. Uniform or not.

Joint Task Force Empire Shield ? .... I wish to thank your brother for his service .... HOORAH !