Hunting Blind

I recently purchased 2 sets of hunting blind elevators that are made by a company named Shadow Hunter. The steel brackets are made to accept a 4 x4 post into the bottom and a 2x6 at the top (to hold the frame). The 4x4 post is set at a 8 degree angle for proper balance of the structure. I am very handy and don't feel I will have any problem building the two blinds. Has anyone had any experience with these? Good or bad? Thanks.

im glad you psted this because ive been wondering the same thing. the past couple weeks ive been watching videos and stuff of people using these bracketsand they seem to really make the job alot easier. thanks for posting im sure you will get some good answers

Edited by Red

i was also watching them on you tube some great videos on there. your not kidding the review are some of the best ive seen on hunting products seems like almost everyone was giving it 5 stars. i also noticed most people were saying how much easier the brackets make it to raise the stand up into the air. im hoping to be able to build one early spring. good luck

The two box blinds I made this past year we didn't even use a bracket. We had th eoutside of the platform rimmed with 2x6. On the inside of the 2x6 we nailed 3/4" firring. that set a perfect tip to the legs and then just used carriage bolts to through bolt the 4x4 legs to the frame. added diagonal bracing on the leg and there you go. I did a whole box blind (not counting roofing) for under 100 bucks. one is up on 4' legs and our other is only on 2' legs but I did one at a buddies on 8' legs and it is rock solid.

post-152-0-87578300-1326725971_thumb.jpg