WTB 7mm08 brass

35 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I just checked mine, there all loaded, but If you need some I would gladly let you borrow some loaded rounds for the season. 

Thanks, Rob....I have a couple of other rifles to hunt with, so it is no emergency..It's just that the accuracy of my 7mm08  has declined, and I have ruled out most reasons other than ammo...The brass I have been using has seen better days and I am getting about 5 or 6 cracked case necks per  20 rounds, so I suspect that the worn out brass might be the culprit...I appreciate your generous offer...Thanks again, My Friend  !!....

3 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Thanks, Rob....I have a couple of other rifles to hunt with, so it is no emergency..It's just that the accuracy of my 7mm08  has declined, and I have ruled out most reasons other than ammo...The brass I have been using has seen better days and I am getting about 5 or 6 cracked case necks per  20 rounds, so I suspect that the worn out brass might be the culprit...I appreciate your generous offer...Thanks again, My Friend  !!....

No problem sir. I ran into that with my 300 savage brass, started shooting all over the paper. Found cracking in the shoulder and necks . Just a FYI I have had very good luck with Starline brass in my 7-08 , 44 and 357 mag’s,  great  brass. But I see it’s on back order. 

36 minutes ago, rob-c said:

No problem sir. I ran into that with my 300 savage brass, started shooting all over the paper. Found cracking in the shoulder and necks . Just a FYI I have had very good luck with Starline brass in my 7-08 , 44 and 357 mag’s,  great  brass. But I see it’s on back order. 

Yeah, Rob....I've had problems finding brass both locally and online, hence this thread... My accuracy went from around 1 " groups to 3-4" groups at 100 yards.. I checked everything for tightness, scrubbed the bore, etc.  The brass I have been using was some that I recieved from a former member of this forum in a swap...I have no idea how many times it has been loaded, but most of it was .308 brass necked down...About the time I  began to see cracked necks and shoulders, I saw a decrease in accuracy, so I strongly suspect that is the issue...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Brass is getting  very hard to find . I'm reloading  308 in 4 rifles and one encore pistol and i can't find brass .

I have 15 once fired WW .308 cases I'll give you...

Not much, but as the old woman said when she pissed on the fire, " Every little bit helps"......<<grin>>....