Love The Trail Cams!!

Cabin Fever

Thinking back, not too long ago, about not having trail cams as scouting tools. Since I've been using trailcams, I've been absolutely amazed at the number of deer we get on game cams, that we otherwise never would have known existed! That's what helps keep me motivated, even though I may not be seeing much in the field. I KNOW there are deer around, and several bucks, even though I may not be seeing any while hunting. It only takes a hot doe, coyote, hunter, or a bucks hungry belly to get him up moving at the right time.

Plus, it's a great off season hobby as well!

Collect my memory cards about once a week and can't wait to see the photos.

It's almost like hunting without being there.

Like you said - Summer photos never tell whose going to be where.

Never have left my camera out past late-September, think I will this year.

Entertaining, fun and holds you over until you actually can get into the woods to hunt!

Never have left my camera out past late-September, think I will this year.

You're missing the best part! I get the best and most pics of bucks the first 2 weeks of November. Bucks that I haven't seen before all year, just seem to come out of the woodwork! I love having cams set up over active scrapes. I've had ~7 different bucks come through in a weeks time using a scrape. Unfortunately, 95% of the time it will be after dark! If it weren't for the cams, I'd never know, OR believe that there were so many different bucks in the area.

Food for thought,

I generally don't think that using trail cams is that intrusive to the deer if you do it right.  Last year I started in july left them up for a couple of weeks then took them down cleaned them up to set them back out sept into oct.  When I set them in sept I started with the same deer then as it got closer to the season the deer stopped using the trails.  They all new the cameras where there.  I always get the up close nose face shot.  This year I will have my cameras out at the begining of sept.  We will see if it makes a difference.