Need help with tag question

Gerald 76

Maybe if I'm lucky enough to score I'll just plaster the deer with every tag to be safe.

I think my confusion stems from the Bow/ML tag.

If you purchase:

1. Hunting License --
    • You will receive a Regular Season Deer Tag.
  2. Muzzleloading or Bowhunting Privilege*--
    • You will receive a Bow/Mz Season Either Sex Deer Tag.
  3. Muzzleloading and Bowhunting Privilege*--
    • You will receive one Bow/Mz Season Either Sex Deer Tag and one Bow/Mz Season Antlerless Deer Tag, both of which may be used in either season

Does 3. mean you get two deer with either weapon or one with each? In other words, shoot a big buck in early bow and you have to use the Either Sex tag. When ML season comes you only have an Antlerless tag to use. But if you haven't scored, can you shoot two deer on the B/ML tags with a ML.

I have had a few glasses of wine tonight.

@Kmartinson Jump in!

NY is a 2 buck state. Lots of different DMP tags to shoot does but only 2 bucks can be taken. 1 during regular season and 1 either during archery or muzzleloader. If you buy the archery and muzzleloader privilege you are entitled to 1 buck and 1 antlerless. 

Edited by LICOASTIE

2 minutes ago, LICOASTIE said:

NY is a 2 buck state. Lots of different DMP tags to shoot does but only 2 bucks can be taken. 1 during regular season and 1 either during archery or muzzleloader. If you buy the archery and muzzleloader privilege you are entitled to 1 buck and 1 antlerless. 

Not entirely correct.  You can take both bucks during the SZ late season..

Assuming you didn't fill any tags during archery or rifle..

Your reg season tag becomes a either/or tag during the SZ late season. You can fill it during the late season with a buck or a doe, and take another buck or a doe with your either/or bow muzzle tag.  

1 minute ago, left field said:

I have a week and if I’m lucky I’ll get one deer, so it’s a moot question really, but I think the DEC needs to make this much easier to understand. 

You never know.  Bitter cold a snow makes the deer move frequently.  I usually see more deer during Late ML in the fields then during reg season.  Good luck.

14 minutes ago, left field said:

I have a week and if I’m lucky I’ll get one deer, so it’s a moot question really, but I think the DEC needs to make this much easier to understand. 

Its fairly easy to understand this way...All unused tags can be used as doe tags during the muzzleloader season. DMP's must still be used in their resective WMU. The regular season tag becomes an either sex and the bow tag stays an either sex tag. So you can shoot 3 doe, 2 doe and 1 buck or 2 bucks and 1 doe if you should be lucky to shoot 3 deer. 

• Like 1