Lightfield Slugs 12ga

my understanding is that they discontinued making them. They're all I shot for years and always felt they were worth the price. I switched to the Hornady slugs. They're lighter (I think like ~200 vs the heavy ass ~500 lightfields?) but I got better patterns out at 100 and feel with the polymer tip they're probably good out to 150.

All that said, every deer I've ever killed with my slug gun is sub 100 and I'd prefer the weight of the lightfields. 

58 minutes ago, Belo said:

my understanding is that they discontinued making them. They're all I shot for years and always felt they were worth the price. I switched to the Hornady slugs. They're lighter (I think like ~200 vs the heavy ass ~500 lightfields?) but I got better patterns out at 100 and feel with the polymer tip they're probably good out to 150.

All that said, every deer I've ever killed with my slug gun is sub 100 and I'd prefer the weight of the lightfields. 

I thought they had a fire at their facility last year and haven't been able to get back on their feet due to several supply chain challenges posed by the pandemic

56 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Thanks but the rifled choke likes the Fosters

School me here please.  I have a smooth bore slug barrel with a rifled choke on my 12 gauge Remington 870.  The Accutips have been accurate at the range and in the field, not nearly as good as anything fired out of the Savage 220 though.  Should I be using something else? 

16 minutes ago, Otto said:

School me here please.  I have a smooth bore slug barrel with a rifled choke on my 12 gauge Remington 870.  The Accutips have been accurate at the range and in the field, not nearly as good as anything fired out of the Savage 220 though.  Should I be using something else? 

Im by no means an expert, I was just doing some googling and found several articles similar to this. And the LFs definitely shot much better for me than the Federal sabots I used to shoot from a fully rifled barrel. Which I sold, like an idiot

https://mikehanback.typepad.com/mikehanbackcom/2008/03/which-shotgun-s.html#:~:text=However%2C due to the shorter,Winchester Rackmaster and Remington BuckHammer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Fully rifled barrel or rifled choke?