2008 Honda Foreman 420

When I googled 2008 Honda Foreman 420 spark plug on my phone so I could pick up a spark plug on the way home I found something interesting . Apparently there is a Bolt in the bottom of the muffler . The directions say to remove the bolt , start the engine , block the exhaust port and rev the engine 20 times to clear the carbon from the spark arrester . I wouldn't have known this if I hadn't GOOGLEd for the plug . The bolt removal was referred to as the Spark Arrester . Has anyone done this procedure ? It says to do it every 100 run hours .

34 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

When I googled 2008 Honda Foreman 420 spark plug on my phone so I could pick up a spark plug on the way home I found something interesting . Apparently there is a Bolt in the bottom of the muffler . The directions say to remove the bolt , start the engine , block the exhaust port and rev the engine 20 times to clear the carbon from the spark arrester . I wouldn't have known this if I hadn't GOOGLEd for the plug . The bolt removal was referred to as the Spark Arrester . Has anyone done this procedure ? It says to do it every 100 run hours .

When I first saw the title I thought this was for sale.....damn. 

• Like 1

I have a 2012 I bought last year from a guy in Erie. He bought it for his daughter for her 12th birthday. He had the maintenance records from the dealer. Oil was changed 1 time in 7 years...30 hours on it! Original tires and all. It looked brand new when I picked it up but for some scratches in the plastic. I put some mud tires on it and the thing is a beast. No belts, all gear driven.

I will look at doing this tomorrow for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2