Question For "Disabled" Hunters

Sir-diealot

I am thinking of picking up this blind and donating it to my local NWTF chapter, I think it is a good design for a disabled person in a wheelchair to get into. It does not have the traditional door that most blinds would have but opens like a overhead garage door, I have spent a portion of my life in wheelchairs and feel this would be a much better method of entry for a wheelchair, what do those of you that are disabled, especially those that are in wheelchairs think of this blind entry? Here are dimensions from the site for the blind as that may help with your answer. Thank you in advance.

Mesh storage pocket

75" hub-to-hub

57"l. x 57"w. footprint

65" center height

14.5 lbs.

GarageBlind.jpg

Edited by Sir-diealot
Spelling errors
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Looks great...!!  I have a good hunting buddy who is mostly wheelchair bound  but still manages  to hunt with a 4 wheeler,  crutches and a portable blind..Might be a good option for him..

I just want to be able to help some kids and Vet's get in the woods as well as others. In a way my accident was a blessing because now I have been humbled and have a heart for getting others back in the woods after losing it for 17 years myself.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Good on you, sir! Yet another example of good people in the sporting world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I just want to know if anybody with more experience in wheelchairs sees any problems before I do it. Dog is telling me it is TV time, i will check from my Cell.

Edited by Sir-diealot

17 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

Thank you for being one who helps others and shares the outside/hunting experience...well done!!! 

I was in a car accident and lost hunting for 17 years, I had tried a few times in that time and it did not work, I now take some very strong pain killers and that is what allows me to function again, I do not want to see somebody lose it just because the accommodations may not be right for them. I am going to try to find some electric fishing reels in the future for people that can't reel fish in themselves, have seen them but in the hundreds of dollars, I am on disability so that is outside my budget but I am going to keep looking.

18 hours ago, Sir-diealot said:

I am thinking of picking up this blind and donating it to my local NWTF chapter, I think it is a good design for a disabled person in a wheelchair to get into. It does not have the traditional door that most blinds would have but opens like a overhead garage door, I have spent a portion of my life in wheelchairs and feel this would be a much better method of entry for a wheelchair, what do those of you that are disabled, especially those that are in wheelchairs think of this blind entry? Here are dimensions from the site for the blind as that may help with your answer. Thank you in advance.

Mesh storage pocket

75" hub-to-hub

57"l. x 57"w. footprint

65" center height

14.5 lbs.

GarageBlind.jpg

What NWTF chapter covers your area?

It is out of the Seneca Lake Duck Hunters Club in Dresden, NY I have not done much with them, to be honest I do not really fit in there as I do not have a lot of money but I still want to help the kids and Vets and other "disabled" people. I went to a event maybe 25 years ago and it was a fund raiser and I could tell all these people have money and I just don't. I guess I am just a little self conscious. Here is a link to the chapter. http://www.nynwtf.org/seneca-lake

15 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

What NWTF chapter covers your area?

It is out of the Seneca Lake Duck Hunters Club in Dresden, NY I have not done much with them, to be honest I do not really fit in there as I do not have a lot of money but I still want to help the kids and Vets and other "disabled" people. I went to a event maybe 25 years ago and it was a fund raiser and I could tell all these people have money and I just don't. I guess I am just a little self conscious. Here is a link to the chapter. http://www.nynwtf.org/seneca-lake