saiga rifle

ants

Im thinking about buying one of these saiga rifles. The recievers are marked "made in Russia" and look just like AK receivers. They seem to be well built. Anyone have one? or have an opinion on them? The one I looked at was just under $400...Junk???

No problem. Basically, since the Saiga has a removable magazine, you can only add on one more "evil feature" according to NY. If it has a pistol grip, youd better not have an adjustable stock, or it must be pinned into place. Also, another common one is a flash hider. Make sure it doesnt have a flash hider, it can however, have a compensator or muzzle break. Bayonet lug would be a no no too. Gotta love NY....

To be an assault rifle and therefore illegal in NY state, the firearm must be:

1. Semiautomatic

2. Accept a detachable magazine

3. Manufactured after September 14, 1994

4. Has two or more of the following:

• Telescoping or folding stock
  • Pistol grip
  • Bayonet mount
  • Flash suppressor (this does NOT include a muzzle brake) OR a threaded barrel
  • Grenade launcher

The sections in this link to read are 265.00, 265.10 and 265.20

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?+&QUERYDATA=assault%20weapons+&SEARCH=SEA+&BROWSER=BROWSER+&TOKEN=41655483&TARGET=VIEW

• 2 weeks later...

Bought it the other day and got it in the house just before the Mrs. got home....like 3 mins to spare. I'll let you guys know how it shoots ASAP.

Buckhunter.... I was in a gun shop today, looking for mags for it, and they had a telescoping stock for it that came with a pistol grip in the same package...$80.00. Am I good with it? The guy said Yes... or is he FOS

Edited by ants

Thanks I think I'll buy one (.223) and sneak it in while the wife is at work.....

HA Ha, My SKS lived in the garage for a week or so before I could sneak it into the house after I bought it from a guy at work. Funny how our toys get attention, but "new shoes" dont. Double Standard!!!

Iowarange88...TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! The wife and my oldest daughter (16) got home today with over $300,00 worth of clothes they got at "the mall". Walked right in with em. When I asked where the money came from my wife , like she always dose said "oh dont worry about it" If I come home with a $15 box of ammo or anything related to hunting or fishing its 20 questions. WTH? I have to sneak things in to aviod the head ache!... It's like im 12

Listen guys when I treat my self to a new toy,I leave the house with a empty case and just come home with the rifle,I tell her I am going to the range and she is none the wiser and I don't have to deal with the how guns does this make argument....Works every time.........

Phillygunns- Uh..YEAH!! I can tell you're not married!! ( some day you'll learn) and ny hunter you're a flippen genius!!! I never even thought of that!!! Simple.....effective.... no arguements...... FLIPPIN GENIUS!!!!