Any JETS fans out there? Watch Hard Knocks? What you think about Revis?

burmjohn

First off I am a Jets fan, have been since as long as I know what football was.  Hard Knocks, its was great, loved it. I love having a coach that speaks his mind.  Revis, what a mess, he should be in camp as he is obligated to do so.  He is awesome, hands down the best def player we have.  But, you have a contract to fulfill, suck it up, you'll get your day. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a lifelong fan. I held season tickets at Shea for nearly 20 years, giving them up after enduring four years of traffic hell and 4pm games at the Meadowlands. As far as "hard Knocks", I watched several minutes and turned it off having found the program not to my liking. In any event looking towards a successful Jets season, hoping that the hype does not get to their heads. As far as Revis goes, pay him the money or trade him. Football is such a bloodsport, the players are a commodity to the owners. There are few guaranteed contracts and the players when used up are discarded. Look what happened with Leon Washington.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Giant fan.Always was always well be.That said I think the Jets are gonna be a force to deal with this year.I love that off,line.As far as Revis he is an a--.Play the game you signed a contract.This is the problem in all sports.Do this BS in the off season.When he comes back Rex should bench him end of story.

The only problem is, when you look @ football contracts compared to those of easier sports / less abusive on the body sports like basketball and baseball that have guaranteed contracts, its a freaking mess... The more and more I read about the issues with football the more I'm on the side of Revis.  HOWEVER, he still should be in camp, and practicing and playing.

This is a touchy subject.You have the talent to play the game you sign a contract play a year and want a new deal.This drives me nuts.Honor your deal and then hold them over a barrel.Now he is saying f u jets f u fans.Just not right.No one forced these guys to play the game.Sorry for the rant I really love the game.

• 2 weeks later...