Deer problem in west seneca

G-Man

I took the survey also.   Sadly, there is no way archers can control a population that is to a point like I assume it is now.  

It would be great for residents of West Seneca to participate in a hunt to control numbers but I highly doubt the success rate would put a minuscule dent in the population.  Could it help, sure.  Would it be enough, nope.  

12 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I took the survey also.   Sadly, there is no way archers can control a population that is to a point like I assume it is now.  

It would be great for residents of West Seneca to participate in a hunt to control numbers but I highly doubt the success rate would put a minuscule dent in the population.  Could it help, sure.  Would it be enough, nope.  

I think it would have a big impact, if 1 nursery ow or removes 12 a year on his own now with nuisance permit, and they re looking to remove 100 or so. A doe 1st or 2 doe before antlered , guys would be killing them , and allow baiting definitely would be effective ( I am also thinking x bow use)  

Compare 1 or 2 baited site with sharp shooters vs 30 or 40 baited sites with 50 or more participants  and deer would be killed. As after sharpshooters start killing over bait deer become skittish, spreading that out over more sites and take would increase. 

Corning elmira area allows a special archery hunt and it's been effective, much mor Ethan the bait a d shoot program was previously 

Edited by G-Man

Getting permission is going to always be a problem.   Plenty (and probably a majority) of landowners won’t allow archers access for archers.  

The sharpshooters are granted access to town owned and private land, employ bait, silenced rifles, artificial lights and atv/sxs vehicles.   They are VERY efficient at their job..... 

Can archers assist over time, heck yes. 

• Like 1

https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/112518.html

They could open this state managed land to permit only archery hunting in West Seneca. There are some slobs in there. We will take the boys on a drive through there around an hour before dark in the fall and see 65+ deer in 15 minutes while driving.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1