Lyme Disease Vaccine Study

Pete Collin

Hello All,

I just signed up to be a test subject for a vaccine that is being developed for Lyme disease.  This is something I think about all the time, because I work outdoors and pull at least a couple of ticks out of myself every season.  They still would like volunteers, so I will post the info for anybody who wants to sign up.  Brief details:  it is 18 months long, you go in once every couple of months to get a shot, they do pay you $800 for your involvement.  There is a 1/3 chance the shot you get is a placebo.  This is phase 2 of the clinical trials.  I figured hunters and anybody whose job places them at a higher risk for Lyme should be interested in this.  

Rochester Clinical Research, Inc
500 Helendale Road, Suite L20
Rochester, NY 14609
Phone:  585-288-0890
FAX: 585-288-0893

• Like 4

Sounds like a good deal . Thanks for posting the information .

I called the Wayne County Health Dept several years ago to see if I could get a shot to prevent Lyme Disease . They told me that there weren't enough cases of Lyme Disease to warrant the need . I asked how many cases it took and she couldn't answer . 

3 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Sounds like a good deal . Thanks for posting the information .

I called the Wayne County Health Dept several years ago to see if I could get a shot to prevent Lyme Disease . They told me that there weren't enough cases of Lyme Disease to warrant the need . I asked how many cases it took and she couldn't answer . 

In my interview with the lady from the research clinic, I asked, "Now, you're not going to infect me with Lyme to see if the shot works, are you??"  

Ya, I was a victim of the previous vacancie. Severe arthritis symptoms that didn't go away.   I'll pass. 

$hit man- sorry to make light of it. I didn’t realize people had negative side effects from the previous Lyme shots. I just assumed it was discontinued for lack of effectiveness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, crappyice said:

$hit man- sorry to make light of it. I didn’t realize people had negative side effects from the previous Lyme shots. I just assumed it was discontinued for lack of effectiveness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem.  Everyone was told it was pulled for lack of interest/effectiveness. 

Clients son is a big wig in the lyme prevention, treatment. He's the guy who told me the real reason it was pulled.  

Everyone in my family has had lyme, as well as most of my friends. So far I've never had it, and I get multiple tick bites every yr.  Either I'm one lucky SOB, or the shots were effective.  

• Like 1