Here is where our taxes go for Education

I think I might just throw up!! :bad: Seriously, you teachers don't see a problem with any of this??? I guess it's easier to take when you're actually riding the gravy train and not just paying for it.

Edited by nyantler

i know i mentioned this before but why do i have to uphold a contract that was made between the teachers union and NY politicians?

Politicians GUARANTEE teachers pay, health insurance till death, salary increases no matter what, and a fat pension till death and beyond and its all written into NYS law and can not be denied?????? i gotta ask how the hell does someone get a deal like that?

i wonder if the public was polled with questions like these what the response would be...

1. Do you think education costs should keep going up no matter if the balance between revenue and teachers salaries become so unbalanced that it ruins the states economy and causes people to lose their homes because of never ending tax increases which just exacerbates the situation even further?

2. OR do you think you should be required to uphold a Bad Deal made between POLITICIANS and UNION BOSES even when you had absolutely nothing to do with these negotiations?

Agreed, the taxpayers should NOT be contractually bound to employee any worker. Especially when the contract is of NO benefit to the taxpayer. We have a music teacher "John BenstocK" (you can google him) who was arrested for innapproriate behavior with a minor. Children in his classrom. He is suspended with pay ($117K a year) and health benefits while he sits at home over a year now. If convicted he gets to keep the pay and his lifetime health benefits.

Edited by wooffer

Time after time I've noticed that the politicians break things intentionally, See health care, banks etc..., so that they can then come to the rescue and fix it. It is the fix that is their real agenda and so it is with Union contracts. The politicians grant the contracts and then complain that the Unions are out of line because of those contracts. They get folks all riled up against the Unions instead of the real culprtws, the politicians, and then they come to the rescue with their fix and THAT my friends, in the long run, is where you will really get screwed. If you want to protect yourself then you need to go after the politicians instead of siding with them and their agenda. What do you expect the teachers or any union to do, turn down a raise? It's good that you are mad but bad, for you too, to be mad in the wrong direction.

You have to make documents similiar to what I posted and get the word out. People I have spoken with had no idea how bad our school district spending was until I showed them the numbers.

Did you look up your school salaries on www.seethroughny.net?

I did and I couldn't believe what some of the teachers were making... and I personally know some of them and have heard them complaining about how bad they have it... are you kidding me??

Agreed, the taxpayers should NOT be contractually bound to employee any worker. Especially when the contract is of NO benefit to the taxpayer. We have a music teacher "John BenstocK" (you can google him) who was arrested for innapproriate behavior with a minor. Children in his classrom. He is suspended with pay ($117K a year) and health benefits while he sits at home over a year now. If convicted he gets to keep the pay and his lifetime health benefits.

yea suspensions with pay and beni's seems to be the norm for teachers, just more freakin insanity folks!!

Why don't you guys go play Russian roulette, at least we lose one of ya. lol

here we are, a well thought out response by one of the people who teaches our children no doubt...or maybe some fat lump who is married to a teacher and will reap a life time of tax payer supplied beni's folks.... Edited by sits in trees

i have heard several people state, ohhh you cant blame the teachers for what is givin to them?????????

i really think you can and should blame someone who is able to sit in their home while their very neighbors lose their homes or are forced to move to pay your salary, or elderly have to go out and work at some fast food joint to be able to keep the home they have lived in for decades all to support you fat arse and bulging beni packages all supplied to you by union bosses making bad deals with our money. yea the very working families of the children you teach!

you teachers sit there and toot your own horns of importance to our society and your absolute necessity to our children while in reality nothing is more important than what a child learns at home from his or her own parents, and for a child to have a secure home and not have to live under the tyranny imposed by big powerfull unions who in all truth couldnt give a crap about the kids when their fat paychecks or fat pensions are threatened.

VOTE NO!!!!!! if they try again, VOTE NO AGAIN!!!! dont let them scare you by threatening to take away your kids sports programs to support their fat lifestyles, VOTE NO!!!!! these are new times folks, everyone is hurting in my town with the exception of teachers who are a large part of why people in my town are hurting in the first place.

all in all im not against all unions, just the teachers unions who are feeding off the flesh of working families right here in my town. VOTE NO!

Why don't you guys go play Russian roulette, at least we lose one of ya. lol

I think the "lol" means that was suppose to be funny? Yeah, it's a laugh riot... people in the communities are losing jobs and taking paycuts, while teachers and administrators ride on a gravy train provided by those very people... and then have the nerve to complain about not getting paid enough.. and how tough their job is!

I think we should go back to small school houses and stop consolidating districts.. that just plays in the hands of the unions... giving them justification for stealing more and more tax payer dollars in the name of education... we need the small school house where the teacher is paid directly from the people in the community with no middleman. The people then have the right to hire and fire whomever they like.. the people negotiate directly with the teacher on salary and any benefits...

i have heard several people state, ohhh you cant blame the teachers for what is givin to them?????????

i really think you can and should blame someone who is able to sit in their home while their very neighbors lose their homes or are forced to move to pay your salary, or elderly have to go out and work at some fast food joint to be able to keep the home they have lived in for decades all to support you fat arse and bulging beni packages all supplied to you by union bosses making bad deals with our money. yea the very working families of the children you teach!

you teachers sit there and toot your own horns of importance to our society and your absolute necessity to our children while in reality nothing is more important than what a child learns at home from his or her own parents, and for a child to have a secure home and not have to live under the tyranny imposed by big powerfull unions who in all truth couldnt give a crap about the kids when their fat paychecks or fat pensions are threatened.

Really??? You fault an employee for excepting a raise instead of the boss who gave it to them???? Really??? The Union Bosses made the bad deals and not the politicians who publicly call for more spending in education every year and who really control the contracts????? Really the Unions impose tyranny and not the government???? Really???? Did you get your daily dose of propaghanda from your government/media complex outlet today????

Really??? You fault an employee for excepting a raise instead of the boss who gave it to them???? Really??? The Union Bosses made the bad deals and not the politicians who publicly call for more spending in education every year and who really control the contracts????? Really the Unions impose tyranny and not the government???? Really???? Did you get your daily dose of propaghanda from your government/media complex outlet today????

How can you compare accepting a raise to a group of people who use your children to extort money? Are you serious? There is no parallel here. Give us more money or your kids will suffer, they threaten. Try that with your boss on Monday and let me know how it goes.

You can blame the employees along with the union. It was the teachers and their union protesting at the 1% Wall Street rally against the rich. The teachers weren't hiding in shame for all the money they loot from the taxpayers. What do you call teachers in my school district making an average salary of $107K a year for part-time work? I call it greed that even Wall Street can't rival.

Our teachers wore their union T'shirts, handed out flyers to parents and started what amounted to a work slow down at our school district when their contract was up for renewal and it was feared they might not get what they wanted.

I have to ask, "why does any municipal worker need or deserve a contract".

Take a look at the salaries of my school district and tell me the teachers are not to blame. They keep insisting on raises every year and get them. Oh I am sorry a "step increase". Unions were not designed to protect part-time workers making 6 figure salaries working part-time. The teachers are the ones who got their teaching time reduced to 3.3 hours daily, NOT the union.

History has shown that you can't pull the "oh I was following orders excuse", and be excused for your behavior. There is nothing from stopping the teachers from requesting a fair deal for the taxpayers, except their lack of ethics.

Top School Salaries.pdf

Locust Valley Teachers Payroll 2011.pdf

Edited by wooffer
  • Like 1

Woofer

"What do you call teachers in my school district making an average salary of $107K a year for part-time work?"

I think they're pretty smart people that went to college, obtained a masters degree, went through a tough interview process, took many inservices classes, and work very hard with your children.

They are also probably enjoying their week off right now!!! I know I am!!!!!!!

How can you compare accepting a raise to a group of people who use your children to extort money? Are you serious? There is no parallel here. Give us more money or your kids will suffer, they threaten. Try that with your boss on Monday and let me know how it goes.

You can blame the employees along with the union. It was the teachers and their union protesting at the 1% Wall Street rally against the rich. The teachers weren't hiding in shame for all the money they loot from the taxpayers. What do you call teachers in my school district making an average salary of $107K a year for part-time work? I call it greed that even Wall Street can't rival.

Our teachers wore their union T'shirts, handed out flyers to parents and started what amounted to a work slow down at our school district when their contract was up for renewal and it was feared they might not get what they wanted.

Take a look at the salaries of my school district and tell me the teachers are not to blame. They keep insisting on raises every year and get them. Oh I am sorry a "step increase". Unions were not designed to protect part-time workers making 6 figure salaries working part-time. The teachers are the ones who got their teaching time reduced to 3.3 hours daily, NOT the union.

History has shown that you can't pull the "oh I was following orders excuse", and be excused for your behavior. There is nothing from stopping the teachers from requesting a fair deal for the taxpayers, except their lack of ethics.

Actually the politicians use the excuse that we must pay more or the children will suffer. The school board threatens that we must pay more or they will cut the kids. The Unions have NO control over forcing these contracts or budgets there are no strike/ no lockout clauses AND if they do strike they can all easily be fired and replaced immediatly by any number of qualitfied individuals who are dying to teach. Much like the air craft controlers were fired by Reagan only it would be much easier.

I'd call the teachers in your school district lucky for their salary and your school board/superintendant incompetent. If it were me I'd be after the board and superintendants jobs because they are the ones who grant those salaries and they are the ones who are responcible for them. Of course the Department of education is not innocent either with thier mandates.

So what? They wore T-shirts and slowed down. The boses, if they are competant can put a stop to the slow down and what does a t-shirt and a pamphlet mean besides nothing. They were only making an argument it was the board that agreed to their argument.

You keep saying the teachers insist on a raise and therefor are to blame. Again I say to you that they DO NOT approve the raises they only request them. Be mad at those people who grant those raises that you do not like.

The teachers DO NOT set their work hours, their boses do. If you don't like their hours be mad at their boses.

Once again you expect the teachers to give up money that the boses are giving them because it's the right thing to do. Do you ever turn your nose up to a raise? Would you ever tell your boss, hey don't pay me that much I'm not worth it? Don't answer here answer only to yourself. The only people responcible for insuring a fair deal for the taxpayers are the boses, why aren't you mad at them? For that matter schools aren't the only place where salaries are out of control why aren't you mad about the political patronage "no show" jobs too? Haven't heard anything about those things on any of the propaghanda outlets?

I checked out the top salaries you posted in your school district because I knew that there was no way the salaries that you keep referring to belong to teachers. If you go to the Locust Valley School District website you can see that the top 20 salaries on your list belong to superintendants, asst. superintendants, principals, asst. principals, and coordinators. None of those positions in the top 20 - 25 are actual teaching positions.

Holy Cow, Read This!

Times Herald-Record

Published: 2:00 AM - 04/12/12

KINGSTON — Some 81 Kingston school employees will likely be without a job come fall.

Superintendent Paul Padalino's first budget puts the district under the tax levy limit, but axes 37 teachers, 42 teaching assistants, an assistant principal and one bilingual family worker.

"We continue to operate like a 10,000-student district while we're only a 7,000-student district," said Padalino, who took over the top job in January.

Kingston schools now have 220 teaching assistants and roughly 700 employees.

The job eliminations will be achieved primarily through boosting class sizes to 21 in the primary grades and 25 in the secondary grades, Padalino said.

Instructional cuts will be limited to some Advanced Placement courses and pre-kindergarten for three-year-olds.

"These are the changes we need to make to be effective and efficient," Padalino said.

The district's tax levy would rise 2.5 percent under the $143 million 2012-13 budget. Kingston faces a state-mandated tax levy limit of 3.2 percent.

The school board will vote on this budget Wednesday.

Kingston expects to save $1.4 million by shutting Meagher Elementary School and voted Wednesday to authorize the sale of the central administration building. The Uptown Kingston headquarters have been appraised at $560,000.

Next year, Kingston will consider shutting two of its 10 remaining elementary schools after Meagher closes.

Nine of the employees that would lose their job work at Meagher, with the other 72 coming from the district's other schools.

Despite all the teaching positions on the chopping block, Padalino wants to spend $125,000 to restore an assistant superintendent for business position vacant since June 2010.

"As things are changing in education, the responsibilities in that office grow," he said.

Board members also doubted that students will be take to take AP courses online or through the Board of Cooperative Educational Services.

"It's going to be hard to offer that selection of (AP) courses or even close," said board Vice President Matt McCoy. "In reality, they're going to get cut."

Just four of Kingston's AP courses enroll more than 10 students, Padalino said.

Most board members, though, indicated they'd support the budget with cosmetic changes.

"I really think it's a good budget," said Maureen Bowers.

I do have some fond memories of my teachers as a child growing up on Long Island, but man i just cant afford you guys anymore??lol...

I like how the school enrollment has decreased by some 30% and they continue to operate the way they did when they had 3000 more students?????????????

I checked out the top salaries you posted in your school district because I knew that there was no way the salaries that you keep referring to belong to teachers. If you go to the Locust Valley School District website you can see that the top 20 salaries on your list belong to superintendants, asst. superintendants, principals, asst. principals, and coordinators. None of those positions in the top 20 - 25 are actual teaching positions.

Hey PAV not sure which list I posted but here is the teachers list and what they teach. Average pay is $107K a year. You should apply to our district. We give money away like Obama at a Solar Energy company.

Locust Valley Teachers Payroll 2011.pdf

Holy Cow, Read This!

Times Herald-Record

Published: 2:00 AM - 04/12/12

KINGSTON — Some 81 Kingston school employees will likely be without a job come fall.

.........The job eliminations will be achieved primarily through boosting class sizes to 21 in the primary grades and 25 in the secondary grades, Padalino said.

I see this district does what our does. The cuts will increase class size to "21" !! What size were they before? 15 like ours? Our teachers had 25-30 kids at any given time when I was in school. No wonder they have such large staffs.