Here is where our taxes go for Education

Hey PAV not sure which list I posted but here is the teachers list and what they teach. Average pay is $107K a year. You should apply to our district. We give money away like Obama at a Solar Energy company.

I compared your list with the Locust Valley School District website and the first person you have on this list is Robert Teseo. You have him listed as a math teacher. He is actually a coordinator who does not teach students. Like I said, if you go through your list, you would realize that most people making those salaries are not teachers but administration. You are averaging administration salaries with those of teachers to get that outlandish $107,000 average. Truth is, most teaching salaries average around $78,000 on Long Island which is right on par with what most people make. In fact, I have a friend that did not go to college and works at UPS. He makes around $65,000 a year for dropping off some packages. He also gets incredible hunting spots as a perk!!! Not to bad and not to far off from teacher salaries.

I see this district does what our does. The cuts will increase class size to "21" !! What size were they before? 15 like ours? Our teachers had 25-30 kids at any given time when I was in school. No wonder they have such large staffs.

And i wouldnt be surprised if there is some last minute deal that helps preventing teachers from being laid off..I can see the headline now, " Last Minute behind closed doors Deal save Teachers Jobs in Kingston" which to me means, ahh lets just raise taxes more...

I compared your list with the Locust Valley School District website and the first person you have on this list is Robert Teseo. You have him listed as a math teacher. He is actually a coordinator who does not teach students. Like I said, if you go through your list, you would realize that most people making those salaries are not teachers but administration. You are averaging administration salaries with those of teachers to get that outlandish $107,000 average. Truth is, most teaching salaries average around $78,000 on Long Island which is right on par with what most people make. In fact, I have a friend that did not go to college and works at UPS. He makes around $65,000 a year for dropping off some packages. He also gets incredible hunting spots as a perk!!! Not to bad and not to far off from teacher salaries.

UPS guys work a mandatory 60 hrs a week.

Just drops off packages?? You obviously have no idea how much work it is delivering for UPS... these guys work 12 hour days and are lugging packages in and out of the truck all day... you can't even compare the type of physical work they do to a cushy teaching job and you teachers still make $13,000 more than the UPS guy and do it in just 9 months... I have taught kids... I found it not only extremely easy, but fun as well... I would have loved doing it full time for 180 days a year and get paid $78,000 + benefits and retirement.

Nice try PAV, but I went to each page on the school website and pulled the names from there. Here try one yourself. Go to the Bayville Primary school link http://www.lvcsd.k12....aspx?school=22

Go down to Kindergarten and you see these 3 teachers listed. Check them against the list I have posted and you will see.

Tracy Dennis $83K

Stacey Eno $121K

Ellen Patak $115K

My list is on the money.

Locust Valley Teachers Payroll 2011.pdf

post-1671-0-74397500-1334454664_thumb.jp

"UPS guys work a mandatory 60 hrs a week."

Was that on the back of a snapple lid???

Okay "Class" is in:

Lesson 1:

Teachers work 183 part-time days a year.

UPS drivers work 235 full-time days a year

Lesson 2:

Teachers only need to actually teach 3.3 hours daily.

UPS drivers must deliver packages for 8 hours.

Lesson 3:

Teachers are paid by tax money taken from citizens at the threat of their children's future.

UPS drivers are paid by a private corporation that generates jobs and tax revenue.

Lesson 4:

Teachers get a raise and gauranteed employment once tenured.

UPS drivers get a raise but can be fired at anytime.

Lesson 5:

Your school district has NO competition and you are forced to pay for them no matter how mis-managed they are.

UPS must constantly get better or die against aggressive competition.

Lesson 6:

Teachers work in a comfortable climate controlled environment.

UPS drivers work in any condition, snow, rain, heat, cold.

Lesson 7: THE MOST IMPORTANT LESSON

You have to pay for your school taxes no matter how corrupt and inept your school sytem is.

You can STOP using UPS at anytime and use someone else, and you won't have to pay a penny to UPS.

PAV really! Just take your pay and be discrete about it. That is what the teachers I know do. They know they are looting their neighbors savings but at least they don't boast about it.

Edited by wooffer

Woofer, seems like you only want to hear what you want to hear, so I will say it one more time.

Your list of "Top School Salaries" is mostly administration and does not reflect accurately teacher salaries.

You keep saying the same things over and over again. With the exception of two or three members. Most people here are seeing the flaws in your arguement and that it's directed in the wrong direction!

I hope you are this vocal at board of education meetings. However, you probably don't say a word because I am sure that most tax payers in your district value education and realize that teachers are not the source of the problem!!!

"UPS guys work a mandatory 60 hrs a week."

Was that on the back of a snapple lid???

No Snapple lid dude, just every UPS driver i have ever known since i was old enough to get UPS packages delivered to me personally for about 30 years now as late as a 7:30 at nite. ask the next UPS guy you see coming up to your front door about how many hours he works a week and if he can refuse working those hours??UPS driver start their day at a terminal hours before you even get out of bed, like 5:30 loading and organizing their parcels, and you will see them driving around till well after dark any day of the week.

Man you teachers really live on another planet dont you?

Teachers making 78k a year isnt the problem, i agree that anyone with a masters should be making that even though thats not the case anymore, plenty of master degrees being put to good use flippin burgers at McDonalds in our new economy. The problem is having to take care of you teachers and your spouses till you die. Why should we have to flip the bill for your lifetime of health benis and your pensions because of a deal i had nothing to do with? Heck woman are living to 100 today and female teachers are no exception, that adds up to one big pile of clams for me and my kids to have to pay in taxes. Take care of your own retirements and health benis when you quit or you may well lose your job, thats the way it seems to be going anyhow because no politco dares mess with your unions, they just stand back and watch education budgets ruin and bankrupt townships and peoples lives instead of making the needed adjustments to keep things on an even keel..

Well that should be enough to send Pav packin for another week or so, lol.....i gotta go and listen for GOBBLERS, see ya!

Woofer, seems like you only want to hear what you want to hear, so I will say it one more time.

Your list of "Top School Salaries" is mostly administration and does not reflect accurately teacher salaries.

You keep saying the same things over and over again. With the exception of two or three members. Most people here are seeing the flaws in your arguement and that it's directed in the wrong direction!

I hope you are this vocal at board of education meetings. However, you probably don't say a word because I am sure that most tax payers in your district value education and realize that teachers are not the source of the problem!!!

PAV, you are looking at the first list I posted, "Top School Salaries". The list I just posted is strictly "teachers". Give it a look you will be shocked. Our district pays like the money falls from the sky. We are the second highest taxed school district on LI, maybe even the country.

Sadly our BOE president is in bed with the union. Protest too vocally at the meetings and your child will suffer the consequences. I have seen it happen to another parent. Sad but true, teachers are very vindictive people nowadays. Their entitlement beliefs are quite strong and anyone who challenges them is villified. There is nothing the taxpayers can do until our BOE's re-election next year. I have been fact sharing with the community and it looks like we have a very strong chance to get a "NO": vote this year.

Wish us luck.

Sit in Trees Anybody can sit here in front of a computer and debate about politics or taxes/education, however it truly doesn't solve or fix anything. Especially when certain people are too afraid to stand up and speak infront of the public at board of education meetings. Especially, considering how vocal some people have been in this particular forum. Maybe its not the board of ed or teachers they're afraid of. Maybe they realize they wouldn't have the support of their own community members, especially since most school budgets pass every year.

No crickets here... maybe at the board of ed meetings those crickets could be heard!!

Edited by Pav2704

PAV, I haved to assume you are not an English or Math teacher. Since you seem to lack reading compression and you fail to see the math behind why we must stop overpaying teachers for part-time work. Plus the fact you think the Math Regents are harder today than when we took them. You've never looked at the new Regents have you?

YES PAV YOU WORK PART-TIME. Let me say it again becuase your union has told you otherwise and you think, YOU WORK A PART-TIME JOB, and get paid well above a full-time salary. Here is an article by the NYT that may help you a bit. Please read it slow and read it twice so you don't miss anything http://www.nytimes.c...&pagewanted=all

Trust me, the last thing I am afraid of is confrontation. If I am right (and I am on this one) I will back down to no one. But I will put the safety and well being of my children first. It is clear you have NO experience with the workings of the BOE and the school administrations. I believe you said you are new to teaching so I will give you some slack on that one. Have you ever gone to a BOE meeting? I have and I have spoken there (before I had children). Sadly half the room is stacked with administrators, and your ilk. They are not there to see what they can do for "the kids" but rather to make sure they keep their gilded jobs. So save me the hiding behind the computer bs and debate the facts.

Edited by wooffer

PAV, I haved to assume you are not an English or Math teacher. Since you seem to lack reading compression and you fail to see the math behind why we must stop overpaying teachers for part-time work. Plus the fact you think the Math Regents are harder today than when we took them. You've never looked at the new Regents have you?

YES PAV YOU WORK PART-TIME. Let me say it again becuase your union has told you otherwise and you think, YOU WORK A PART-TIME JOB, and get paid well above a full-time salary. Here is an article by the NYT that may help you a bit. Please read it slow and read it twice so you don't miss anything http://www.nytimes.c...&pagewanted=all

Trust me, the last thing I am afraid of is confrontation. If I am right (and I am on this one) I will back down to no one. But I will put the safety and well being of my children first. It is clear you have NO experience with the workings of the BOE and the school administrations. I believe you said you are new to teaching so I will give you some slack on that one. Have you ever gone to a BOE meeting? I have and I have spoken there (before I had children). Sadly half the room is stacked with administrators, and your ilk. They are not there to see what they can do for "the kids" but rather to make sure they keep their gilded jobs. So save me the hiding behind the computer bs and debate the facts.

Woofer

I am definately not lacking reading "compression" or did you mean reading comprehension. I definately am familiar with administrators and board of ed members being that I have been teaching for more than ten years. I have been to several board of ed meetings for the district that I am employed in and the district that my children attend and parents have always been vocal with any concerns that they may have. So, I encourage you to be vocal and stand up for your children if you have concerns. I know I would!!! Dont worry the ilk that you speak of hasn't organized the lynch mobs just yet!!!

Thanks PAV but I'll pursue the grassroots method and educate the public so they can make an eduated "no" vote. I'd rather my children not suffer the wrath of the BOE for my speaking out.

One more thing, is this woman typical of the teachers union representation?

Edited by wooffer

Sit in Trees Anybody can sit here in front of a computer and debate about politics or taxes/education, however it truly doesn't solve or fix anything. Especially when certain people are too afraid to stand up and speak infront of the public at board of education meetings. Especially, considering how vocal some people have been in this particular forum. Maybe its not the board of ed or teachers they're afraid of. Maybe they realize they wouldn't have the support of their own community members, especially since most school budgets pass every year.

No crickets here... maybe at the board of ed meetings those crickets could be heard!!

Lack of support in our communities, ahhh the tide is starting to swing, the noose is starting to tighten, the righting is on the wall and i do mean RIGHTING as in correction.. Just sit tight my well paid friend. Good things take time and time has been known to make extraordinary changes, just look at the mighty dinosaur that no doubt once also ruled in its neighborhood. But unlike the mighty dinosaur your groups reign of terror has only been oppressing its neighbors for a couple decades or so. And soon the taxpayer will shake this burden off their backs like a bad case of fleas without any help from me because nature takes it course no matter what you or i say...

I actually attended my BOE budget meeting yesterday. They were so happy that they were able to stay within the tax cap. In fact the first 15 minutes of the meeting consisted of them patting themselves on the back. They seemed too know that is they violated the cap they wouldn't get the 60% vote needed to pass and would be in a real spot. I networked with some other residents and asked some questions, but will keep pushing for a NO vote through my education campaign of the public.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The righting is definately on the wall!!! The public has spoken loud and clearly yesterday with a resounding "YES".

As a Long Island teacher, who values the education of his students, I greatly appreciate the sacrifices that the hard working men and women make every year by voting in their school budgets. I am well aware that in voting for a "YES" budget can be difficult for some. Through this understanding, many teachers' unions across the island took step and pay freezes because in the end, we truly wanted what was best for our students! I can only hope that our government continues to place value in the education system and give school districts their fair share of state aid.

Thank you again to the majority who made sacrifices for your child's/communities education and voted "YES"

If you truly care about the kids and continue putting them before your union and the selfish ways of the teachers union.. I'm sure the public will have no problem funding education.. People aren't upset with their money going to better education ... they are upset with teachers and teachers unions taking more and more taxpayer dollars for their own benefit and bureaucracy... with little spent in the way of producing more educated children. It's just that simple.

The righting is definately on the wall!!! The public has spoken loud and clearly yesterday with a resounding "YES".

As a Long Island teacher, who values the education of his students, I greatly appreciate the sacrifices that the hard working men and women make every year by voting in their school budgets. I am well aware that in voting for a "YES" budget can be difficult for some. Through this understanding, many teachers' unions across the island took step and pay freezes because in the end, we truly wanted what was best for our students! I can only hope that our government continues to place value in the education system and give school districts their fair share of state aid.

Thank you again to the majority who made sacrifices for your child's/communities education and voted "YES"

The Budget votes passing will just speed the demise of people who are just barely hanging on and who can no longer pay their tax bill.

But on the bright side the passing of budget will also speed the inevitable collapse of the teachers unions and the death grip they have on our stuggling townships...

As i said before, nature will take its course...