The Fat Lady is Warming Up....

Pygmy

Those birds have sure laid a can of WHOOP-ASS  on my mangy old butt this season.. I haven't even had my safety off..Was seeing plenty of hens and a few jakes and I expected a longbeard or two to show up, but the property has gone completely dead the last few days...

I intend to take a couple of mornings off to re-charge my batteries and go out one last time Monday...It ain't over until the fat lady sings, but I can hear her warming up..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't know what the issue is,  but most of my local buddies are having the same problem...Just NOT hearing the gobblers..I friend down in North Central PA ( Potter and Lycoming Counties)  says the reports are the same down there..

Unless I get lucky and tag a last minute bird, this will be only the 3rd season since 1975 that I haven't tagged at least one spring tom in New York...

I haven't been out since opening weekend, but I am out every morning with the dog at what I think is flydown time (I know it varies), and for the last week or so for another half hour with coffee on the deck. Haven't heard a gobble in three weeks.

In April it sounded like we were being invaded by Turkeys.