I have a question pertaining to selling firearms and ammo.

13BVET

Hypothetically, are you saying that two NY residents could drive to PA and legally sell/buy a long gun then drive back? Hypothetically, it might be easier to get the guy to go to a local FFL. That is, if these two people actually existed and weren't just a hypothetical example.

1 hour ago, left field said:

Hypothetically speaking, what if you had a neighbour that wanted to sell an older shotgun but didn't want to use an FFL? 

Hypothetical, you could date a bill of sale for say,20 yrs ago. Or maybe you lost the paper, it was so long ago.

16 hours ago, left field said:

Hypothetically, are you saying that two NY residents could drive to PA and legally sell/buy a long gun then drive back? Hypothetically, it might be easier to get the guy to go to a local FFL. That is, if these two people actually existed and weren't just a hypothetical example.

That is what I am hypothetically saying. lol. But if you lived close to a border (say with PA) and the transfer fees were $40 or up from there and especially if you were doing multiple firearms, it might be worth a trip. 

Did anyone ever get questioned about where they bought a gun from?
Any gun made before 2013 really wouldn’t be an issue with the safe act background checks anyway. You could simply say I bought it off someone in 2013 or earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2