swivel seat

7 years ago I bought a ladder stand like that,Bought one of the swivel seats that you strap on to a tree,made my own tubular hingded guard.Still up there,only thing I do is stand the seat up and put a plastic bag over it when not using it.Buy a seat of the 1" load binders you will need them,what they give you is not enough to make it sturdy.

• 2 weeks later...

I do have my stand and started to put together, i am not in too much in a hurry because i can only put so together here and finish there. I don't have as much room on the platform than what i thought i would, but i know no different since i have only been up 2x in a stand. I also bought the tree stand blind. it was FREE! no shipping FREE!

Paula, I saw your other post on stands. I have the Big Game Infinity, in fact its the one that I fell from. There is lots of room, real good stand, in fact I reused the platform and two ladder sections after the center one bent. Word to the wise, the way the straps attach to the ladder creates a weak spot mid-ladder after you detach from the tree and come down. Take a length of rope and loop it around the tree at the platform before you detach and as you come down keep tension on it so the platform doesn't come away from the tree. I tried a diffferent method and it didn't work. As far as parts, mine was missing a bolt and they sent me an entire bag of nuts, bolts and those clip pins. They are good to deal with and I have not issues with the stand even after taking the express elevator down.

P.S. the 16 foot height and 95lb weight, it took 3 guys and a small block & tackle to get it up. The leverage you fight with the platform is big. If you look at the pictures, you can see where the straps to the ladder are positioned, too low. Do yourself a favor and add another strap from the ladder to the tree up higher to avoid the middle section buckling.

Edited by Suilleabhain

Its safe for sure. I put the stand back up and socked down the platform straps good with only one ladder section, promised the wife I wouldn't climb anymore. Its rock solid, the seat is comfortable. I'll tell you one other thing to be ready for. When you open the zipper on the camo and go in under the rail, you will naturally reach out and grab the seat to pull yourself in..that seat is going to swivel. First time I did it I did an Oh SH*T!!!Same thing getting out. Take your time, use good hand-holds and a harness, you'll be fine.

Its safe for sure. I put the stand back up and socked down the platform straps good with only one ladder section, promised the wife I wouldn't climb anymore. Its rock solid, the seat is comfortable. I'll tell you one other thing to be ready for. When you open the zipper on the camo and go in under the rail, you will naturally reach out and grab the seat to pull yourself in..that seat is going to swivel. First time I did it I did an Oh SH*T!!!Same thing getting out. Take your time, use good hand-holds and a harness, you'll be fine.

he is going to some how have pins so that wont happen to me, i can pull the pins when i get clipped in.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah , we know your opinion about hunting from treestands !

Not talking about the treestand.. I get the whole treestand thing and have nothing against them... I think a swivel seat is just plain lazy... not a bad idea if thats your thing.. but lazy non the less. I think if you need to make hunting that effortless.. why not just hire someone to hunt for you while you sit home and watch hunting shows...LOL

I have always hunted from the ground not much of a mover. At first i didn't want to get lost because i was only placed where to hunt. Then as time went on i got paranoid about getting lost and now if i move something might come in so i should stay put. last season i tried watching 2 fields at once and it didn't work at all so i seen this swivel seat and i thought perfect! well its not going to work with what i was thinking but still good for one field. I don't feel lazy at all using it, its my first and am excited over it!

I have always hunted from the ground not much of a mover. At first i didn't want to get lost because i was only placed where to hunt. Then as time went on i got paranoid about getting lost and now if i move something might come in so i should stay put. last season i tried watching 2 fields at once and it didn't work at all so i seen this swivel seat and i thought perfect! well its not going to work with what i was thinking but still good for one field. I don't feel lazy at all using it, its my first and am excited over it!

I always say that you should hunt the way that makes your experience the best for you... i was just expressing my opinion as it pertains to me... hunting is about enjoying the experience and if that does it for you... then its a good thing.