Muzzle Loader Season Success Rates- Souther Zone

eagle rider

That's too big of a question. Lots of variables.

If you can get in between a late season food source and the buck bedding...then it's a great chance.

I prefer archery season in NY if I had to pick one over the other...but late season can be great if you have access to the right spot. Go out midwest and its even better imo because most states offer time in between the regular firearms and the late mz season...not back-to-back like here. That is a big issues. I find my BEST days late MZ season have always...and I mean always...shown to be Thursday and Friday. The final Monday and Tuesday are OK, but the weekend pressure picks up slightly...most people don't take off work Mon-Thursday for the MZ and the woods dies down a bit, making way for some decent movement during hunting hours.

Haha, I know it. So I'm hearing hunt over food plots for better sucess. I've hunted up there during bow season and see deer all of the time. So don't expect it to be like bow orf even gun season for that matter as activity goes throughout the day?????

Edited by eagle rider