Trying to figure how to hunt this

luberhill

Ok a friend bought this 60 acre pc to build on in 2 yrs

So I have it to myself for a few years , maybe longer .

There is a 40 or 50 yard strip of woods along the back ( west) side..it runs between two neighboring cornfields .

The rest is mainly open meadow not planted ..

There is a small 1/8 acre patch of woods in the meadow .

Im thinking the bucks would stay in that west side strip of woods to travel from corn field to corn field .

The meadow may be a good afternoon evening spot.

I was thinking of a ground blind in that strip of woods ..

What do u guys think

i forgot to draw in the north and south property lines are about 25 ft wide strip of trees

443F47E0-42C4-4327-8DFD-AE16850041F0.jpeg

E90DC275-3F37-4477-8716-AB05CFA9D623.jpeg

Edited by luberhill

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Sweet!!! New puzzles are fun!!!

I love creeks through woods (mostly just cause they are about the most scenic places to sit!) and would start looking for the noticeable crossings there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every rock shift sounds like something coming. Woods and streams usually are good travel routes, but appears alot of open land to cross to get back there. If something laying in there, you will get busted getting to your set up.

If gravel pit offers cover, i would be looking into right side of wood patch.I would want to be able to see in field. Deer can pop in and out. Also may be able to see into woods edge, or catch one coming from across the road.

Just park your vehicle down the road a bit. Just a thought.

The place I used to hunt was a lot like that. Had thin rows of trees between fields. Look for the trials they use thru those woods to get from field to field and setup 20 yards to the downwind side of them.  Set stand in far enough that you can shoot into the field edge but enough inside the woods that you can sneak in if deer are in the field without spooking them for those am hunts. 

Awesome getting new dirt. Good luck. 

• Like 1

The guy next door used to hunt it, he set up a ground blind right on the end of the patch of woods facing the field to the west,

Hecssid another guy used to hunt that strip of woods along the creek.

I see what you mean about having to walk across that entire field to get to that woods.

I could walk along that strip of trees between the north cornfield and the field …

I forgot to draw in the north and south property line has trees that separate the cornfields from the property in hunting 

13 hours ago, wolc123 said:

I would use the creek to cover my scent on the walk into the woods and choose a location in there, based on the wind direction.   The deer are going to use the cover of the woods to move between the two corn fields.

Problem is that creek is 4 ft deep and I’d have to cross private property to get to it ..