Self Defence

Kelty

I guess I'm still not use to it. It's strange that I feel uncomfortable when I'm carrying and people stare. I guess I don't like the unwanted attention. It doesn't even register when I see someone else carrying.

I did a camp/hunt in Vermont and all the other campers/hikers I bumped into kept staring at me like I had a third eye. I also had a trooper stop to compliment me on my shotgun which I had leaning against my car as I was putting on my pack (I gave my Mossberg the tactical look). The whole time I was thinking..."Okay...why is this dude staring at my gun?".

Me and my buddy went up to the ADK. for some backwoods hiking and fishing one time in the Cedar river flow. We were standing there fishing on the shore of cedar lake, when out of nowhere a man and women hiker were walking toward us.They were really upity looking with all sorts of nice new equipment. Well we stood there shootin the crap with them for about five min. When my buddy turned to his left and they got a good look at his hand cannon strapped to his side and they stopped mid sentence turned and left. We stood there looking at eachother like what just happened. We had a good laugh about it and went back to fishing. I bet they wouldnt be to offended about my friends 44 mag if they had gone down the trail a bit and were attacked by a black bear. It amazes me that people back pack allover the ADK without a gun on them.

I am curious .....How many of you that carry for protection live or grew up in a city or town ? Growing up here in the country ,I do not know anyone who carries a gun for protection. We carry a gun when we want to shoot at something ... a critter or a tree stump ..lol. Do not take this the wrong way...I'm not tying to pick a fight .just wondering if it is different backgrounds or maybe my friends and I are oddballs. Not growing up in a city I would be more apt to carry there(for protection) than in the woods.

I aged but never grew up.Lets see i have a gun (if you count a .380...) in my back pocket sitting here in the family room,so ya I carry everyday most of the day woods,city or town.

I was born and raised in a town that was pretty rural back then, lived in a city for a few years to get on the job.Now back in the 'burbs .

Many of the farmers I know where i hunt and own land carry in the woods,and the tractors,trucks etc.Most bow hunters i know do as well.

Hell if you can't carry a gun in the woods......