Any vacations planned for Christmas!

REDNECK4LIFE32

Well just got home at 2 pm after 27 hours on road. What a nightmare I95 was in Virginia. Hit there at 2 pm yesterday between Richmond and Fredericksburg. Sat in traffic till 8 pm. Got out to help stuck tourist. Accidents everywhere. Big rigs stuck and regular vehicles stuck on glare ice. No way the plows could get through. Made it to ladybird exit and started map reading to find a route home. Route 1 looked like the ice storm of 98. Cars everywhere crashed trees and power lines down. Roads not plowed or turn around. We hit route 1 to 17 bus. To 15 toward 29 to 66E to 81. What a trip one my wife and I will never forget. 25 mph and 4x4. There still clearing I 95 I would not wish that situation on my worst enemy. Just something I never say coming. Low and slow and made it home unscathed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Well just got home at 2 pm after 27 hours on road. What a nightmare I95 was in Virginia. Hit there at 2 pm yesterday between Richmond and Fredericksburg. Sat in traffic till 8 pm. Got out to help stuck tourist. Accidents everywhere. Big rigs stuck and regular vehicles stuck on glare ice. No way the plows could get through. Made it to ladybird exit and started map reading to find a route home. Route 1 looked like the ice storm of 98. Cars everywhere crashed trees and power lines down. Roads not plowed or turn around. We hit route 1 to 17 bus. To 15 toward 29 to 66E to 81. What a trip one my wife and I will never forget. 25 mph and 4x4. There still clearing I 95 I would not wish that situation on my worst enemy. Just something I never say coming. Low and slow and made it home unscathed.

scary but happy to hear you made it home ok

• Like 1

Just now, Paula said:

The pictures they show of 95 is crazy. Glad you made it home

Yea they should be showing the real pics of SUV with stroller almost through windshield or flipped vehicles. Show the pics of glare ice people were driving on and getting stuck on. It was bad almost like everyone for themselves. Crazy fight or flight. I met some good people.

Yea they should be showing the real pics of SUV with stroller almost through windshield or flipped vehicles. Show the pics of glare ice people were driving on and getting stuck on. It was bad almost like everyone for themselves. Crazy fight or flight. I met some good people.
Is glare ice the same as black ice? Basically ice you can't see?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk