hunter ed changes

Finally the DEC is rolling out combo classes. I attended my refresher class last evening. The DEC is going to be rolling out combo classes. This means you attend one class and when it is done if you successfully complete the work, you get both a gun and bow certification. It is also being set up as home study. This means in person registration you get the book and a work sheet. This all has to be completed before the class day. The first thing you take the tests and if you pass, you go on to the field work. Once the field work is completed, you have passed. Field work for both classes in 12 hours. So I plan to do it in 2 days. I think this is a great plan and I will be implementing it at my next class.

Sounds like they finally got smarter . Thanks for the update Bubba .

A few years ago , my youngest son took the Bow Class and passed with flying colors . A week before Bow Season he went to Gander Mt get get his archery license . He couldn't get it because he hadn't taken the gun course . He had no intention of gun hunting but that wasn't good enough . He had to wait another year as the gun course wasn't available in the area .

they recommend 6 per class. I work with a team of 5 including myself and there is a bow instructor. They do not all have to be certified but need to work with a certified so actually 3 certifieds but 6 total

• 2 months later...

lol they will just threaten to quit then whine when we say they are babies. I am actually going to work on being certified for bow with this class. Paperwork is in, just need to do the class. Then I will be dual certified and can post things for archery guys to tell me I am an instructor and what I need to say and think too. B)

Edited by bubba