.357 ammo

So when you shot the 38’s the case expanded that’s why they came out a little harder. How did they shoot out of your GP ? Did they group well on target ? 

I was shooting the steel with them they where hitting a little low but I kinda expected that. Depending on the weather I’ll tomorrow I’ll crack a few off on paper. The casing where stuck in the cylinder. I had to tap the plunger on the bench to get them out. The 357’s came right out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, rachunter said:

I was shooting the steel with them they where hitting a little low but I kinda expected that. Depending on the weather I’ll tomorrow I’ll crack a few off on paper. The casing where stuck in the cylinder. I had to tap the plunger on the bench to get them out. The 357’s came right out.

Interesting. I hope you do shot some more , but try with a clean gun . Curios if they still come out hard . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 8:28 PM, rachunter said:

The casing where stuck in the cylinder. I had to tap the plunger on the bench to get them out. The 357’s came right out.

This is a solvable problem that is happening not because they are 38 spl, it is the particular loading of this ammunition I am betting. Run off a dozen empty cases through your sizing dies and load them up with a moderate load and see if they still stick, also powder itself has a lot to do with dirtiness, there are some powders that perform well and are pretty clean burning.

Al

On 2/24/2022 at 8:49 PM, rob-c said:

Interesting. I hope you do shot some more , but try with a clean gun . Curios if they still come out hard . 

On 2/26/2022 at 10:05 AM, airedale said:

This is a solvable problem that is happening not because they are 38 spl, it is the particular loading of this ammunition I am betting. Run off a dozen empty cases through your sizing dies and load them up with a moderate load and see if they still stick, also powder itself has a lot to do with dirtiness, there are some powders that perform well and are pretty clean burning.

Al

I finally got back out. It’s the ammo(federal) I shot the last box of them with casing’s getting stuck. Then I cleaned the gun and shot a box of blazer 38’s with no issues, so I’ll avoid the federal 38 ammo. The funny thing is the federal 357’s eject with no problem. I just got my order of berry bullets so I might run a few casing’s through the die and see how it goes. 

2 hours ago, rachunter said:

I finally got back out. It’s the ammo(federal) I shot the last box of them with casing’s getting stuck. Then I cleaned the gun and shot a box of blazer 38’s with no issues, so I’ll avoid the federal 38 ammo. The funny thing is the federal 357’s eject with no problem. I just got my order of berry bullets so I might run a few casing’s through the die and see how it goes. 

I would if I were you , load up some 38’s and reshoot . I bet they eject better. We’ve ran 1000’s of mixed brass 38’s (lots of federal cases ) from all our 4 revolvers. 2 are 357 and 2  are 38 only and have never had cases stick . 

• Like 1

I loaded up a 100 rounds of the berry’s bullets with Imr4756 they where giving me a nice group at 30yrds. According to the manual they should be shooting 1100fps. I’m going to set up the chronograph this up coming week.I’ll be using them for practice shooting for now on.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’m really liking this gun. I have the thirty yards dialed in pretty good. Once I put 12 out of 12 in an 10” circle I’ll move out to forty yards. I rang to gong a few times out at the hundred yard mark.
33c8b789e347820b34c3e5c8f18b61b6.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, rachunter said:

I’m really liking this gun. I have the thirty yards dialed in pretty good. Once I put 12 out of 12 in an 10” circle I’ll move out to forty yards. I rang to gong a few times out at the hundred yard mark.
33c8b789e347820b34c3e5c8f18b61b6.jpg

Really every  single hole is a dead deer In your photo .