weird sighting

bubba

I was at camp after work. While sitting on my front porch in a chair of all things, three deer came out in the meadow across from the camp around 6 or so. They appeared to be all does, but no fawns. Anyway about 10 minutes after they came out, two turkeys both males came in the other end of the field maybe 150 yards away. Well after a few minutes, the turkeys headed toward the deer. They got about 20 yards away fluffed up and chased the deer off the meadow. They took off like they were shot out of a cannon. Then the turkeys milled around in the meadow and headed toward the roost area. I never saw anything like it in the past. Of course no camera with me.

I don't know. I kind of wondered if maybe there was a hen nesting close and they were protecting that. I honestly have no clue. But I do know the deer took off like they were shot at.

Had a flock of hens in my back yard one evening and a couple of does showed up. One of the does walked over to a big hen and tried to touch it with her nose. The hen reared up, spun around and pecked the doe square on the nose real hard, causing the deer to retreat into the woods with the other doe right behind her.